none
Installation path for Office Pro Plus RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

I just downloaded Office Pro Plus to Windows 8.1.  I have the student version of Office 365 though my college.  I'm wondering what the path is because there are no shortcuts on my desktop or start menu and I can't find it in Programs or Programs(x86).

It is however located under Add or Remove Programs.  When I search my hard drive though File Explorer doesn't find it.

Thanks

Monday, February 16, 2015 6:48 AM

Answers

• You might have the shortcuts to the Office applications, in a group, on the "All Applications" view of the Start screen.

Or, if you press the WindowsLogoKey + S and then type: Word
    Windows Search should show you the "Word 2013" item

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Monday, February 16, 2015 7:47 AM
  • Hi,

The new Windows 8.1 "Metro" User Interface uses different concepts than the "traditional" desktop. It no longer pins newly installed apps on your Start screen.

As suggested by Don, the easiest way to find an application that you've installed is to invoke the Windows 8.1 search function.

You can also find an application by checking "All Apps" tile view, the "All Apps" view lists all of the installed programs on your computer. Just right click anywhere on the Start screen to display a pop up task bar at the bottom of the screen. On the far right end of this task bar, click "All Apps" icon.

After you find the application, you can right click the tile and choose to "Pin Tiles to the Task Bar", this way you don't need to search every time to find your application.

Regards,

Ethan Hua
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 2:53 AM

All replies

• You might have the shortcuts to the Office applications, in a group, on the "All Applications" view of the Start screen.

Or, if you press the WindowsLogoKey + S and then type: Word
    Windows Search should show you the "Word 2013" item

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Monday, February 16, 2015 7:47 AM
  • Hi,

The new Windows 8.1 "Metro" User Interface uses different concepts than the "traditional" desktop. It no longer pins newly installed apps on your Start screen.

As suggested by Don, the easiest way to find an application that you've installed is to invoke the Windows 8.1 search function.

You can also find an application by checking "All Apps" tile view, the "All Apps" view lists all of the installed programs on your computer. Just right click anywhere on the Start screen to display a pop up task bar at the bottom of the screen. On the far right end of this task bar, click "All Apps" icon.

After you find the application, you can right click the tile and choose to "Pin Tiles to the Task Bar", this way you don't need to search every time to find your application.

Regards,

Ethan Hua
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 2:53 AM