none
Power options grayed out RRS feed

• Question

• Recently allowed a windows update to happen on the sever *Windows Server 2012 R2* now my power options are grayed out and it will not allow me to change them. Reason for power option change is because of event error 41 kernel-power error. I have already tried to login as the overall admin and change it, still puts out an error saying there is a group police that is blocking us from changing it but i have gone through all our GPO's and there is nothing pertaining to power in the GP. If anyone has a fix for this, please respond.

Thanks!

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 3:28 PM

All replies

• HI
    1 did you mean the power option is grayed out and you can not select it to turn off the server or restart the server ?
       is the option like picture 
    2 can you enter winver in command prompt on w2012r2 and look the os version ? is it windows server 2012r2 essentials or window server 2012r2 standard ?
    3 Windows Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/2028504/windows-kernel-event-id-41-error-the-system-has-rebooted-without-clean
    4 Please check the symptom in a clean boot (refer to windows 10 steps) environment if it is possible. Ensure the latest update has been installed to avoid known issue
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows
    5 if you boot to safe mode ,will the problem persist ?
    6 when your server in
    safe mode with networking ,if the problem persist ,we can run below command as admin .then look the result . 
    sfc scannow
    dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 12, 2019 3:50 AM
  • HI
    Is there any progress on your question?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 20, 2019 4:05 AM
  • HI
    Is there anything to help you?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Thursday, September 26, 2019 7:10 AM