none
O365 HA/DR options RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

my company is looking to migrate to O365 and wants to have a HA/DR solution for O365, meaning to have second datacenter somewhere that will replicate with O365 and provide ability to access email in the event O365 is having outages.  I know that MS O365 is highly redundant, but my management insists on having that option no matter what.  Please advise any companies from your experience that provide such services.

Thanks

Felix

Thursday, April 13, 2017 7:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Felix,

I'm, personally, not aware of any third-party company which can provide a fully compatible, and full featured HA/DR solution for Office 365.

As you already know, Microsoft Office 365 offerings are delivered by highly resilient systems. You data are continuously replicated to multiple database copies, in geographically dispersed Microsoft data centers, to provide data restoration capability in the event of a local messaging infrastructure failure.

It is imperative for us to ensure our service is trustworthy and reliable. By the way, thanks for focusing on our product!

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 14, 2017 5:43 AM
  • Hi,

O365 is a software as a service (SaaS) and you do not need to worry about the HA/DA. In Saas, they provide all the HA/DA at the backened and provide 99.99% uptime. If your management want to have DA/HA managed by you, then go for exchange on-premises version where you will have all hold on the configuration.

Please mark as an answer if this answers your question .

PREM RANA

MCSE Exchange 2013, MCSA 2012 Server MCTS Exchange 2007,

2010, MCITP Exchange 2007, 2010 MCSE 2003 Server,

MCSA Exchange 2003 ITIL V3 Foundation

https://ranaprem.wordpress.com/

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.

Saturday, September 15, 2018 4:19 AM