none
Problem with embedded image display within HTML emails - Outlook 2010

Question

• I have a mail system that distributes HTML emails that include a banner image. When they are received all fits and displays nicely in teh preview pane of Outlook 2010 however when I open the email the banner images resizes itself displaying larger. I have set the image resolution to 100dpi (and various other settings) but I containue to get the same results.

To frustrate myself further it occasionally does display correctly but if I choose to forward the email the forwarded content shows the banner image larger.

Of course this all mucks up the overall layout of the newsletter emails.

I am using a purchased template and the standard banner image provided does not however exhibit this problem so it would seem to lie with how I create my images. I have tried different graphic editing software creating a simple plain image with some text within it and all to no avail.

Any clues as to why this is occuring...

Saturday, January 22, 2011 1:09 AM

Answers

• Thanks for the replay and I always realised this and after a whole lot of further testing I have at last solved the problem specifically. Whilst I knew to set width of the table and the image what I had not realised was that you must do with the WIDTH="nn" attribute NOT style ="width: nnpx;".

This has bugged me for longer than I care to remember  and now at last I have resolved the issue. As to why this only seems to apply to outr look emails I don't know but then Outllook is always so different.

Greg
    Sunday, July 03, 2011 6:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you ever get a solution to this. I have the same problem. I've uninstalled Office 2010 64bit and re-installed Office2010 32bit to no evail.

My problem is images including  my html signature logo appear larger in recipients email and my sent items.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 5:54 AM
  • Try creating a table first and pasting the image into the table.  Then set both the table and image with to the desired width and the border to invisible as desired. To center all, select the table and the line above and center-justify all.  Hope this helps.
    • Proposed as answer by Spinnacre Thursday, June 30, 2011 3:23 PM
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 3:23 PM
  • Thanks for the replay and I always realised this and after a whole lot of further testing I have at last solved the problem specifically. Whilst I knew to set width of the table and the image what I had not realised was that you must do with the WIDTH="nn" attribute NOT style ="width: nnpx;".

This has bugged me for longer than I care to remember  and now at last I have resolved the issue. As to why this only seems to apply to outr look emails I don't know but then Outllook is always so different.

Greg
    Sunday, July 03, 2011 6:49 PM