NAP in windows server 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I Understood that NAP is not supported in windows 10 and windows server 2016, actually nap deprecated.

Now what is alternative solution for check healthy of anti virus and firewall for clients in network.

Best regard

Sunday, August 27, 2017 6:27 AM

All replies

• How is it possible that a feature deprecated and there isn't any alternative for that.

i stopped upgrading process to windows 10 for this reason

Sunday, August 27, 2017 6:31 AM
  • please give me some suggestions to me
    Tuesday, August 29, 2017 4:08 AM
  • Hi,

I'm not privy to the business decision to deprecate NAP, but my personal opinion is that it wasn't considered flexible enough to address BYOD (bring your own device to work) and the explosion of portable devices, such as phones and tablets. 

The preference is to manage portable devices with software such as Mobile Device Management (MDM) and apply AV polices and Windows Update policies using System Center Configuration Manager. With System Center, you can install an agent on the computer that reports back with status.

DHCP policies can be used to filter DHCP requests, and NPS has the capability to limit 802.1X access to domain joined computers.

You should also consider looking into Windows Analytics: Upgrade Readiness, Update Compliance, and Device Health.  

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsforbusiness/windows-analytics 

-Greg

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 8:03 AM