lync 2013 web app issue with external user get prompt for password (lwashell) RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having issue for external users to join conference via lync web app where they getting prompt for username + password. if i disable it via control panel by setting 'intgerated windows authentication' to none then our lync mobile cant sign in. 

it seems something wrong with my my web external fqdn but not sure where to check because everything else are working perfect except this. looking for some advices here. tq. 

Saturday, March 21, 2020 3:18 AM

All replies

• Hi Developer_75,

In my experience, it is normal.

In general, when you join a meeting with Lync web app, it is supposed to ask you to join as a guest or use credentials. Using credentials can provide a better experience.

Perhaps, you need to check if you have published simple URL meet to the Internet successfully, including the DNS records and the SAN entries of the certificate on Reverse Proxy as the following pictures.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 23, 2020 5:33 AM
  • Hi Developer_75,

Is there any update on this case?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 27, 2020 6:22 AM