none
pst file used in multiple computer RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

According to my research, I'm afraid there is not a automatic method for POP account. The method I metioned above may be the most safe way to meet your needs.

However, if you configure your accounts as IMAP or Exchange then your data will be stored in the server, so the next time your configure your accounts as IMAP or Exchange on another computer (Outlook), the data will be synced automatically. This should be a suggested method for you.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by 雲林仔 Monday, October 7, 2019 1:56 PM
    Friday, October 4, 2019 8:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes, you're right. Sharing PST files may lead to corruption of the PST.

To achieve your purpose, it is suggested to configure your email account as IMAP or Exchange on multiple computers, then the data of your account will be synced with the server once you configure your account on a new computer. In this way, you are able to use your data in multiple computer at the same time.

Learn more about how to configure your email account as IMAP in Ourlook, please refer the "Use advanced setup to add a POP or IMAP email account in Outlook for Windows" section in this article.

After configuring your account as IMAP on a new computers, you can export your date to a new local PST file, then if you'd like to use the data of this PST file in other email account, just configure that account on this computer's Outlook and import the PST file. 

For more details about how to import or export PST file in Outlook, please refer to the articles below:

Export or backup email, contacts, and calendar to an Outlook .pst file.

Import email, contacts, and calendar from an Outlook .pst file.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 27, 2019 2:02 AM
  • Dear Aidan,

Thanks for your kindly reply. About you mentioned as listed as below:

you can export your date to a new local PST file, then if you'd like to use the data of this PST file in other email account, just configure that account on this computer's Outlook and import the PST file.

I understand, and this is my method for this issue now. But because I try to find another automatic method for it.

Friday, September 27, 2019 2:36 PM
  • Hi,

According to my research, I'm afraid there is not a automatic method for POP account. The method I metioned above may be the most safe way to meet your needs.

However, if you configure your accounts as IMAP or Exchange then your data will be stored in the server, so the next time your configure your accounts as IMAP or Exchange on another computer (Outlook), the data will be synced automatically. This should be a suggested method for you.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

• Marked as answer by 雲林仔 Monday, October 7, 2019 1:56 PM
    Friday, October 4, 2019 8:39 AM
  • Hi,

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Monday, October 7, 2019 9:50 AM