none
Documents in library are not accessible by site collection admin/farm admin RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

We have document library in SharePoint 2010 with some documents. In tis document library there is a workflow which sets the permissions for the document. For few documents this workflow failed. So we terminated the workflow and tried to re-run the workflow. However, we are NOT able to access the workfow for the document, NOT able to access/download/edit/delete the document.

Could anyone please help me with some pointer to handle such issue.

Any help here is much appreciated !!

Regards, Sagar Acharya acharya.sagar@hotmail.com

Monday, April 25, 2016 1:33 PM

Answers

• Hi Sagar Acharya,

What does the "not able to access" mean? The button is greyed out or any error message? What did the workflow do actually?

Per my knowledge, if the account is the site collection admin, it always has the full access to the site.

I wonder if your workflow had changed something.

Check if you have enabled "check out" and "version" in the document library.

Best Regards,

CY

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 6:23 AM
  • hello Sagar,

Is the Document checked out by another member as a draft Documents? If the Document is checked out by others, the document has no current version, maybe you don't able to execute the Workflow or operate any actions for it. 

Good luck for you!

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 6:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Sagar,

Please give us more information like how the permission are set in the workflow & what actually the workflow does.

Even though the workflow was failed, I would suspect it would have failed after changing the permissions on the document. May be that is the reason you are not able to see the workflow to re run it.

• Edited by ViviSP Monday, April 25, 2016 2:21 PM
    Monday, April 25, 2016 2:20 PM
  • Hi Sagar Acharya,

What does the "not able to access" mean? The button is greyed out or any error message? What did the workflow do actually?

Per my knowledge, if the account is the site collection admin, it always has the full access to the site.

I wonder if your workflow had changed something.

Check if you have enabled "check out" and "version" in the document library.

Best Regards,

CY

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 6:23 AM
  • hello Sagar,

Is the Document checked out by another member as a draft Documents? If the Document is checked out by others, the document has no current version, maybe you don't able to execute the Workflow or operate any actions for it. 

Good luck for you!

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 6:55 AM