LDAP issue using Windows 7 64-bit home premium and Office 2010 home and business (LDAP Server 2003 R2)


  • I have a user using Windows 7 64-bit home premium and Office 2010 home and office not being able to pull LDAP addresses from AD (Server 2003 R2 64-bit EE).  This works fine in Outlook 2003 and 2007 but I can not get anything in Outlook 2010 (firewall is off for all tests and I verified using ldap.exe to bind/connect and search with no issues on the laptop).  I have used the same settings from 2003 and 2007 as well as dropping cn=users in the search path and just dc=domain,dc=com as well as just attempting using the default search path.  Does anyone have a suggestion as per at the moment I am telling our user base not to upgrade to Office 2010.  I wish exchange was an option but our external hosting was postponed due to the economy and we are still using sendmail/pop3.
    • Edited by orbshield Tuesday, July 13, 2010 3:13 PM typo
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 2:22 PM


  • Hi,

    This is working fine here. I tested on Windows 7 64-bit using Office 2010 32-bit, with both the full installation and a Click-to-Run installation. The LDAP address book searches against a Windows Server 2003 DC/GC were successful on both ports 389 and 3268. I used dc=domain,dc=com as the Search Base.

    Use a network monitoring tool to capture the LDAP traffic to see what specific error is returned, as that will give you a better idea of what's failing (you didn't specify if Outlook is displaying an error, and if so, what it was).

    Abdias Ruiz [MSFT]

    • Marked as answer by Sally Tang Monday, July 19, 2010 2:24 AM
    Friday, July 16, 2010 1:51 PM