none
Auto Increment Field

Question

• Guys,

I need to create an auto increment field to my issues list. There are some fields in this list but 2 in particular: Project Number and Issue ID. When I add an new issue the field Issue Id should be increased or created by project number.

project number        issue id             issue desc

1                              1

1                              2

2                             1

If I add an issue for the project number 3 the issue id must be 1 and if I add a new issue for the project number 2 the issue id must be incremented.

Monday, March 20, 2017 8:18 PM

All replies

• Hi rodrigoguedes- not quite sure I get your logic. Could you provide more details on when a number should be increased or not? Either way, it seems like you could do this with a calculated column or designer workflow.

cameron rautmann

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 1:54 PM
  • Have you looked at this solution?

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a907315a-ddc5-49b7-a528-50796305ac8e/auto-increment-field-in-query?forum=accessdev

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 1:57 PM
  • Hi,

take a look here is quite easy:

http://geekswithblogs.net/ThorvaldBoe/archive/2015/01/14/161131.aspx

Obviously you need to put a little bit of logic in base to your requirements or like croute1 said you can also use a calculated field.

Kind regards,

Giuliano De Luca - MCSD SharePoint, MCSD Web Applications, MCPS, MS. www.delucagiuliano.com Twitter: @giuleon Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 2:15 PM
  • Hi

you can do it

using a secondary list

attach a workflow to the first one , which will check for current Project number in secodn list

If found, will get from there isssue IDwill incerement by one and save in both lists, If not found will add a new entry in secondary list and will set issue id ifeld = 1 in both list for that entry

Let me know of you need more details

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 2:57 PM