none
Visio 2016 Crashes and work lost to last manual save RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I can't stop my Visio 2016 from crashing. I have the auto save option set to 10 mins but no auto save files exist on my machine. This is very frustrating as I have lost several hours of work and even more trying to find my auto saved files. When Visio crashes, it will open the application back up, spin the thinking wheel for several minutes but not open my last file. I have to select the file and it reverts back to my last manually saved time frame. 

The saving option shows to be saving to: C:\Users\kmusic\Documents\SharePoint Drafts\; however this is not a location on my machine. Any help is greatly appreciated! 

Saturday, May 25, 2019 3:07 AM

All replies

• Getting the the following error in Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: VISIO.EXE, version: 16.0.11601.20204, time stamp: 0x5cd53b07
    Faulting module name: VISLIB.dll, version: 16.0.11601.20184, time stamp: 0x5cd32247
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00000000003bf7f7
    Faulting process id: 0x4e38
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d513223f5f48b6
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\VISIO.EXE
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\VISLIB.dll
    Report Id: d2743d66-5dea-4eb9-881a-c1c727ca79bb
    Faulting package full name: 
    Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Any thoughts on what is going on?

Saturday, May 25, 2019 8:44 PM
  • Hi,

To troubleshoot the issue of Visio's crashing, please try to disable all Visio add-ins (File > Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Add-ins, check the options Disable All Application Add-ins ) to have a check.

If disabling all add-ins doesn't resolve the issue, you can try repairing Visio: Open Control Panel > Applications and features > Uninstall a program > find Microsoft Visio and right-click it > Change > Online Repair (requires network connection) > Repair.

Please try to disable hardware acceleration in Visio. You can navigate to File > Options > Advanced and here try to find and disable use of hardware acceleration. In addition, please update your Graphic driver to the latest version.

If the issue persists, please to remove Visio from Control Panel and reinstall it to have a check.

For the feature AutoSave, it is available in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint for Office 365 subscribers that saves your file automatically, every few seconds, as you work.  For more information, read What is AutoSave?  

It seems that you are using the feature AutoRecover. You may lose some minutes of work in case of a crash.

If you have any updates, feel free to post back to let us know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Monday, May 27, 2019 7:10 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?

If my reply is helpful to this question, please remember to mark it as answer. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Anything unclear or any questions, feel free to post them back to let us know. I will be glad to follow up and help you.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Thursday, May 30, 2019 8:37 AM