none
Windows Server 2008 R2 domain controller suddenly lost network connection RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I had met with a strange issue where 2 domain controllers serving a datacenter went out of network at same time , there were no other servers in the same subnet faced this issue , Before this issue happens I was able to trace some DNS / AD errors related to replication that all , no other valid evidence for a network glitch , When I was able to login to one the server from Vmware console I had noted the servers cant reach the default gateway ( no issues in gateway as other servers were working fine ) , after I had rebooted the servers it came back online on network . Conducted alot of research and no physical / Vmware / network issues had noted as no other serves in this DC were impacted . 

Do you think any of the AD / DNS issues can cause both domain controllers in a site to go out of network ? Any similar issues any one faced ? 

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 12:27 PM

All replies

• I'd suggest doing

tracert

to gateway, and other downstream devices should it happen again to verify network and route.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 12:30 PM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Vicky

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 10, 2020 8:19 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Vicky 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 13, 2020 6:11 AM