none
scheduling start date and end date in a custom list? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there an actual solution for achieving scheduling start date and end date in a custom list? I have added these existing fields in my list but they do nothing. I know I am not the only one triying to do this.
    Monday, March 30, 2009 12:53 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    I don't think you will get an answer if you don't clarify what it is you are trying to do and what exactly happens. What are your expectations from those fields?

Unclear...
    Ishai Sagi, MCTS in SharePoint Development (WSS & MOSS) Read my blog! http://www.sharepoint-tips.com
    Monday, March 30, 2009 5:52 AM
  • I have a custom list. This list is used to display news articles. What I need to be able to do is allow Scheduling Start Date and Scheduling End Date to work with this custom list.
    I have the columns Scheduling Start Date and Scheduling End Date in my list.
    These columns have been added  to my News content type.

I am using the CQWP to pull from my News List and it filters by Created Date. Even if the Scheduled Start Date is in the future should it still be visible even if the Create Date is today? Maybe I need to filter by Scheduled Start Date not equal to Todays Date. I may have answered my own question but I thought this Scheduling of content woud work like a it does in  document libary.
    • Edited by Neoinbiz Tuesday, March 31, 2009 7:21 PM Additional info
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 7:18 PM