none
Cannot connect to the LOB System. - Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have developed a custom migration application that is run as a job and connects to an external database via BDC.

It reads the data and then imports it into various SharePoint Lists.

However, every now and again I get this error:

Cannot connect to the LOB System. (A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted.)) Stack Trace: at Microsoft.Office.Server.ApplicationRegistry.SystemSpecific.Db.DbConnectionManager.Execute(Object[] args) at Microsoft.Office.Server.ApplicationRegistry.Infrastructure.WindowsAuthenticator.ExecuteAfterRevertToSelf(Object[] args) at Microsoft.Office.Server.ApplicationRegistry.SystemSpecific.Db.DbConnectionManager.GetConnection() at Microsoft.Office.Server.ApplicationRegistry.SystemSpecific.Db.DbSystemUtility.ExecuteStatic(MethodInstance methodInstance, LobSystemInstance lobSystemInstance, Object[]& args) at Microsoft.Office.Server.ApplicationRegistry.MetadataModel.DataClass.ExecuteInternal(LobSystemInstance lobSystemInstance, LobSystem lobSystem, MethodInstance methodInstanceToExecute, Method methodToExecute, ParameterCollection inputParameters, Object[]& overrideArgs) at Microsoft.Office.Server.ApplicationRegistry.MetadataModel.Entity.ExecuteInternal(LobSystemInstance lobSystemInstance, LobSystem lobSystem, MethodInstance methodInstanceToExecute, Method methodToExecute, ParameterCollection inputParameters, Object[]& overrideArgs) at Microsoft.Office.Server.ApplicationRegistry.MetadataModel.Entity.FindSpecific(Object[] subIdentifierValues, LobSystemInstance lobSystemInstance) at CustomApp.Data.ImportProcess.UpdateExistingItem(SPListItem item) at CustomApp.Data.ImportProcess.UpdateExistingItems(ImportMode mode) at CustomApp.Data.ImportProcess.Process(SPList list, String entityName, String primaryKey) at CustomApp.JobDefinitions.ExternalDataImportJob.Execute(String list, String entity) at CustomApp.JobDefinitions.ExternalDataImportJob.Execute(String sspName, Guid site, Boolean newOnly) ------------------------ Inner Exception: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted.) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Connect(ServerInfo serverInfo, SqlInternalConnectionTds connHandler, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, Boolean encrypt, Boolean trustServerCert, Boolean integratedSecurity, SqlConnection owningObject) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, SqlConnection owningObject) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(String host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() at Microsoft.Office.Server.ApplicationRegistry.SystemSpecific.Db.DbConnectionManager.Execute(Object[] args)

Has anyone come across this error? I have searched the web but the things I have found suggest making registry changes.

I have no access to the enviornment on which this error is occurring and have been told making registry changes is out of the question. They have suggested that when my import tool runs it makes a lot of connections to the database via various tcp ports.

Visit my blog http://jasear.wordpress.com
    Wednesday, June 16, 2010 9:16 AM

All replies

• Anyone?

In the BDC application definition file I have set connection pooling to false.

Can someone please help on this?? Why is it making so many tcp port connections?

Visit my blog http://jasear.wordpress.com
    Thursday, June 17, 2010 11:17 AM