Users not recieving outlook meeting requests

Question

• I have an unusal problem. I have to users who are on Windows 7 and Office 2010 pro plus. About two weeks ago they stop recieving meeting invites. Users will schedule meetings and send it to them and it will not come to their mailbox. They never see it in outlook, webmail, iphone, blackberry nothing. It's as if the sender never sent the meeting request. This is causing them to miss meeting because on the sender's end it shows to two employees tacking status under calendar tools show "none" as if they have not resposed, but they actually never got it.

Envirnoment- Exchange 2007 version: 08.03.0137.00. We have two severs. 1) CAS server role 2) has MB role, and Hub Transport role.

Thursday, October 13, 2011 5:04 PM

All replies

• Move those users to another mbx database, could be the mailbox is corrupt and test.

Check message tracking and see where the invites go and if they are delivered to the mailbox

Check for any rules which may move the invites.

Create a new profile and test.

Same issue via OWA if Outlook is closed?

Sukh
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 5:46 PM
  • Hi Jwhite00,

Any updates?

Can the users send meeting to themselves?

After you check above suggestions, you can try to temp enable the Pipeline Logging.

How to Enable Pipeline Tracing

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb125018(EXCHG.80).aspx

Frank Wang

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 14, 2011 7:05 AM
  • Hi Jwhite00,

Any updates?

Frank Wang

Monday, October 17, 2011 1:39 AM
  •  Okay, sorry for the delay.

Update: Move the user to a different mailbox store on the exchange server, still not getting any meeting invites. Even when the user on webmail, he still does not recieve invites. We had him logged into our terminal server, which we looked at as using a diferent profile, still no invites. the user can send meetings request just fine. There are no rules setup on the user's machine that would casue this as well.

Monday, October 17, 2011 2:17 PM
  • Have you checked MT and see if they are delivered to the mbx?

Got any AV on your Exch servers ?  Try to disable and test

Sukh
    Monday, October 17, 2011 2:33 PM
  • The message tracking logs show that the invite was recieved (however it never shows up).  And yes there is an anti-virus on the server but it has been there; this issue began a few weeks ago and is only being reported by two users.
    Monday, October 17, 2011 7:28 PM
  • Was it delivered (does it show this in MT).

I have seen issues whereby AV can causes these issue, if you can reproduce the issue then disable AV/Remove AV and test.

Sukh
    Monday, October 17, 2011 7:43 PM
  • Disabled AV,  the result was the same, still not receiving the meeting requests.  
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 2:38 PM
  • We actually have the same problem here. Same program and OS. Just one user however.

Message tracking shows the meeting request was delivered, however it is not visible in the user mailbox.

We've checked for filters, rules, quotas and such. Ruled those out. Occurs on a brand new profile. Problem occurs only on the user's mailbox, it doesn't matter which computer is used. Client is apparently communicating correctly with the servers.

User can send meeting requests, but not receive them. I also noticed the user wasn't able to send a meeting cancellation, it would get stuck in the outbox.

If you've fixed the problem, could you tell me what you did?

EDIT: Never mind, we found the problem. The user had a delegate that quit the company a while back (don't ask me how he never noticed incoming meeting requests never arrived before) and he had set the delegate only to receive the meeting requests.

You can access the options for that in "File -> Info -> Accounts (opens submenu) -> Delegates".

• Proposed as answer by Cloakedboltz Friday, December 7, 2012 12:21 AM
    • Edited by Cloakedboltz Friday, December 7, 2012 12:23 AM because
    Thursday, December 6, 2012 10:32 PM
  • I had an issue where user was not receiving invites for meetings to his inbox.  The issue was in options/delegates tab.   FIxed issue by selecting "My delegates only, but send a copy of meeting requests and responses to me."  
    Wednesday, July 31, 2013 6:09 PM
  • Thanks!!! Its work for me!!! :)
    Monday, June 30, 2014 6:44 PM

• EDIT: Never mind, we found the problem. The user had a delegate that quit the company a while back (don't ask me how he never noticed incoming meeting requests never arrived before) and he had set the delegate only to receive the meeting requests.

You can access the options for that in "File -> Info -> Accounts (opens submenu) -> Delegates".

This worked, thanks!
    Friday, April 28, 2017 11:42 AM