none
Alchemy Web App use? RRS feed

• Question

• Recently, under site collection features, the feature for Alchemy App randomly appeared and is activated by default.  However, I cannot find any indication what this App is for.  Can anyone shed some light?
    Monday, June 23, 2014 1:13 PM

Answers

• It should be removed soon as the feature wasn't ready to deploy (per https://community.office365.com/en-us/f/154/t/246204.aspx), but what that post said before it was modified was "Alchemy App is a web service used for the connection between SharePoint Online and VisualStudio code".

Trevor Seward

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by April Hammons Friday, June 27, 2014 7:26 PM
    Friday, June 27, 2014 7:25 PM

All replies

• May be not you but someone else in the ORG uploaded it to sharepoint and activated it

Can you please check ULS Log and share more details about the APP as to where you see it and what is the exact name for it

If this helped you resolve your issue, please mark it Answered

Monday, June 23, 2014 1:20 PM
  • I am the only one in the ORG that administers SharePoint.  This is a SITE FEATURE.  It is under Site Settings > Site Actions > Manage Site Features > Alchemy App (Alchemy Web App)

It is NOT under the Add an App function.  

Again, I note, I am the only one in the ORG that administers SharePoint, so this is not something that could have been done without my knowledge.  This feature literally appeared one day, with no explanation.  Just like other features have disappeared, with no explanation.

I am simply looking for an explanation of what this feature is, and its function, as Microsoft has no searchable information on the web regarding this feature.  How it got there is not important.

Monday, June 23, 2014 1:28 PM
  • I'll add to the query. What is it?  I can find something called Alchemy from Captaris/OpenText that seems related to document management: http://faxsolutions.opentext.com/document-management.aspx

-Joe

Friday, June 27, 2014 7:00 PM
  • Adobe also has something called Alchemy, but I can't find ANYTHING Microsoft/SharePoint related that mentions the Alchemy App
    Friday, June 27, 2014 7:02 PM
  • It should be removed soon as the feature wasn't ready to deploy (per https://community.office365.com/en-us/f/154/t/246204.aspx), but what that post said before it was modified was "Alchemy App is a web service used for the connection between SharePoint Online and VisualStudio code".

Trevor Seward

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by April Hammons Friday, June 27, 2014 7:26 PM
    Friday, June 27, 2014 7:25 PM
  • Thank you, Trevor
    Friday, June 27, 2014 7:27 PM