none
SP2013 Adding an Animated GIF to a list RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am working on several projects. The latest involves me having to insert an animated gif next to plain text in a SP2013 list. 

My columns are formatted for multi-line text; however, when I step in and try to add the animated gif via an <iframe> tag SP rejects it. I also tried a <video> tag and SP will show what looks to be a video but nothing plays. 

Can you tell me how to insert this animated gif in this list? You must also know I have this list set up accordion style so an animated gif will live in each accordion (group) eventually. 

Any help always appreciated. 

Thanks ;)

CMB

CBM

Friday, September 20, 2019 3:41 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You can create Multiple lines of text with Enhanced rich text (Rich text with pictures, tables, and hyperlinks). 

Then you can insert an animated gif to Enhanced rich text:

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by C M Brooks Friday, September 20, 2019 2:56 PM
    Friday, September 20, 2019 9:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can create Multiple lines of text with Enhanced rich text (Rich text with pictures, tables, and hyperlinks). 

Then you can insert an animated gif to Enhanced rich text:

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by C M Brooks Friday, September 20, 2019 2:56 PM
    Friday, September 20, 2019 9:39 AM
  • Thanks for your help Lisa!

CBM

Friday, September 20, 2019 2:57 PM