none
How to display multiple values for a single column in a list view RRS feed

• Question

• Documents in our workplace have a subject field (managed metadata column) with multiple values enabled.

However when viewing the library the subject column can only display one value at a time and if there are multiple values it shows as blank. (same happens when you export the list to excel)

Is there any way of making multiple values appear in the list view?appear in the list?

Friday, April 12, 2019 4:03 PM

All replies

• Hi

I did a test and multiple values will be displayed as 'value1; value2'. Do you have any customization to your list?

Justin Liu Office Apps & Services MVP, MCSE
    Senior Software Engineer
    Please Vote and Mark as Answer if it helps you.

Monday, April 15, 2019 2:17 AM
  • Hi David,

Whether you use SharePoint Online?

I cannot reproduce your issue and the managed metadata column works well.

Please narrow down your issue as following:

1. Create a new managed metadata column at this library, and in a new library, check if the issue exists.

2. If you use SharePoint Online modern view, switch to the classic view and check again.

3. As Justin said, check if you have customize the list view to limit the column.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, April 15, 2019 6:17 AM
  • Thanks both

Yes I am using Sharepoint Online (sorry, couldn't see the option for that)

I will try the suggested solution

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 9:56 AM
  • Hi David,

Is there any update?

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, April 18, 2019 9:57 AM
  • Hi David,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

If the issue was resolved, you can mark the helpful post as answer to help other community members find the helpful information quickly. 

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Monday, April 29, 2019 1:42 AM