none
Disabling Clicking on Hyperlink from Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

Is there any way to disable clicking on Hyperlink directly from  Outlook only?

I am using below

“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE”- > “SOFTWARE” -> “Classes”- > “htmlfile”- > “shell” -> “open” -> “command”.

and rename command to command1. It is working but the problem is it is happening from all office products like excel and MS word.

Is there any other way. Our actual requirement is to strip off any hyperlink for external emails but looks like there is no such feature in gateway. Can we do that in transport rule in exchange level?

• Edited by Debmallya Wednesday, November 13, 2019 5:08 PM Modification
    Wednesday, November 13, 2019 5:04 PM

All replies

• Hello.

Native Exchange rule not remove Hyperlink from messages.

You can use external agent for convert messages from HTML to Plain TXT.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Exchange-Team-Blog/How-to-write-an-Exchange-2013-transport-agent/ba-p/596860

MCITP, MCSE. Regards, Oleg

• Edited by Oleg.Kovalenko Wednesday, November 13, 2019 5:19 PM
    • Proposed as answer by AnnieDs Monday, November 18, 2019 6:11 AM
    Wednesday, November 13, 2019 5:18 PM
  • Hi ,

Thanks for this..Is there any way to disable clicking on hyperlink directly from outlook only as stated above?

• Edited by Debmallya Wednesday, November 13, 2019 6:06 PM
    Wednesday, November 13, 2019 6:05 PM
  • As far as I know, no built-in option on Exchange side to strip off any hyperlink in external emails. We can set to read emails in Plain Text on Outlook client.

In Outlook Junk email settings, we can also set the Junk options to disable links in phishing messages:

If you cannot read all external mail in plain text and cannot make changes to the Outlook Junk Email filter thought out the company, I am afraid there is no method in Outlook/Exchange side to block the hyperlinks for incoming external messages.

You could post a feedback to Outlook UserVoice forum. It is a place for customers to provide feedback about Outlook. What’s more, if an idea is highly voted there by other customers, Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Perry_Pan Thursday, November 14, 2019 4:54 AM
    • Proposed as answer by AnnieDs Monday, November 18, 2019 6:11 AM
    Thursday, November 14, 2019 4:54 AM
  • Hi ,

Thanks for this.

Is there any way to disable clicking on Hyperlink directly from  Outlook only?

I am using below

“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE”- > “SOFTWARE” -> “Classes”- > “htmlfile”- > “shell” -> “open” -> “command”.

and rename command to command1. It is working but the problem is it is happening from all office products like excel and MS word.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:35 AM
  • As you can see this key is under LOCAL_MACHINE, it will be applied to other applications other than Outlook client. There is no such an option to directly disable Hyperlink on Outlook client.

As mentioned above, currently the workaround would be to use junk email option or read emails in plain text format.

I’ll help submit a feedback to Outlook UserVoice. Thank you for your understanding and support :)

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Perry_Pan Friday, November 15, 2019 7:32 AM
    Friday, November 15, 2019 7:31 AM