none
Error 1067 while trying to start a service

Question

• Hi All,

When I am trying to start a service in 64 bit Windows 2008 server I am getting the below error.

Error:

Windows could not start the Request Manager Service on Local Computer. Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedely

Please help me in resolving this error.

Thanks,

Kasi Mamidipalli

Kasi Mamidipalli

• Moved by James XiongModerator Monday, April 02, 2012 12:59 AM Move to General Forum (From:Windows PowerShell)
    Friday, March 30, 2012 9:38 AM

Answers

• Hi,

At first, you need to look into the Services.msc to get the description of this service “Request Manager Service”. It will let you know the function of this service.

Note: Please paste the description here and let me know the installed server role and application.

Then you need to enter the following command in the Windows PowerShell:

Get-Service | Where-Object {$_.displayname –like “Request Manager Service”}

And you could manually start the server in the Windows PowerShell:

Start-Service -DisplayName “Request Manager Service” -Verbose

Then post back the output result here to get further analysis.

Regards,
    James

James Xiong

TechNet Community Support

Monday, April 02, 2012 8:25 AM

All replies

• Kasi,

Are you looking for assistance with Powershell or to troubleshoot error 1067?  If it's just for resolution of the 1067 error only then please post your question in the General Server 2008 forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winservergen/threads

There are at least 2 posts there that reference the 1067 error:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winservergen/thread/e2adf79c-4e64-4dfa-baf3-3400528836ef

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winservergen/thread/99b09208-1098-4e05-bc41-c47675aaba73

Joe

Friday, March 30, 2012 5:59 PM
  • Hi,

At first, you need to look into the Services.msc to get the description of this service “Request Manager Service”. It will let you know the function of this service.

Note: Please paste the description here and let me know the installed server role and application.

Then you need to enter the following command in the Windows PowerShell:

Get-Service | Where-Object {$_.displayname –like “Request Manager Service”}

And you could manually start the server in the Windows PowerShell:

Start-Service -DisplayName “Request Manager Service” -Verbose

Then post back the output result here to get further analysis.

Regards,
    James

James Xiong

Monday, April 02, 2012 8:25 AM
  • Hi,

Any Update?

James

James Xiong

Thursday, April 05, 2012 2:57 AM
  • Hi James,

I have the same problem here.

The Out put result is:

"

VERBOSE: Performin operation "Start-Service on Target "Wireless PAN DHCP Server <MyWifiDHCPDNS>".

Start-Service on Target "Wireless PAN DHCP Server" <MyWifiDHCPDNS> cannot be started due to the following error:

Cannot open MyWiFiDHCPDNS service on computer '.'.

At line:1 char:1

+ Start-Service on Target "Wireless PAN DHCP Server" <MyWifiDHCPDNS> - Verbose

+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ Category Info : OpenError: <System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController:ServiceController> [Start-ServieServiceCommandException

+ FullyQualifiedError : CouldNotStartService,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.StartServiceCommand

"

Any help appreciated!

Cheers

Chris

Tuesday, October 01, 2013 8:36 AM
  • Hi James,

I got the same problem and I already run in the Microsoft PowerShell. It still cannot start the program.

I got this result after I run the command.

Start-Service : Service 'ApacheDS - default (apacheds-default)' start failed.
    At line:1 char:14
    + Start-Service <<<<  -DisplayName "ApacheDS - default" -Verbose
        + CategoryInfo          : OpenError: (System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController:ServiceController) [Start-Service],
       ServiceCommandException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : StartServiceFailed,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.StartServiceCommand

Tuesday, June 07, 2016 3:29 AM
  • I came to this page because I encountered the same error when I restarted a MySQL server instance after I moved the data base directory, lock, stock, and barrel, to a different NTFS volume. Suggestions in this thread led me to determine that the issue was that the MySQL daemon runs as NETWORK SERVICE, which doesn't have permission, as a rule, on most directories. Granting Full Control to NETWORK SERVICE resolved the issue, and the service started.

David A. Gray Irving, Texas, USA http://www.wizardwrx.com/

Monday, January 01, 2018 8:07 PM