none
How to merge two Outlook 2010 pst data files?

Answers

All replies

• Easy way: with the one you want to use open in Outlook and the other one not in your profile, go to File, Open, Import.

If you only want to merge some content, open both pst files in outlook and drag between folders. For calendar, use a list view to see all of the appointments.

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
    Outlook Daily Tips | Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center
    Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook weekly newsletter

Saturday, June 23, 2012 8:47 PM
  • Thanks! This worked for me.

Monday, June 25, 2012 5:47 PM
  • I set up my new office 2010 Outlook first and it delivered email from the past few days into the new program. Meanwhile, I put my .pst file from my old computer/outlook into the new outlook folder and renamed the new .pst file (new) when I re-opened 2010 outlook, all my (old) .pst data was there, but none of the new emails.

I opened the other renamed (new) file, but it was empty? I also tried to import from it, but keep getting a message about "importing to a location that doesn't support Unicode, .... lose multilingual data.... choose location that supports unicode......"

Sunday, July 21, 2013 6:01 PM
  • Thanks, worked perfectly.
    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 1:03 AM
  • There can be many ways to do same thing but, PST merge program is recommended for users as it supports 3 types of merging processes. You can merge PST contacts, PST files and all types of PST items. It saves times because the combining file process is fast. 

Just checked this tool, worked perfectly.

Visit to get more details about this utility: http://www.mergepstpro.com/

Saturday, October 17, 2015 5:59 AM
  • To merge 2 or more than 2 Outlook PST files you can use the SysInfoTools PST merge tool. Or, follow the below manual steps:

• Launch Microsoft Outlook on your system. Create a new Outlook data file. Click New Items -> More Items and click Outlook Data File.
    • A new window open with the name of Create or Open Outlook Data File. Give a name to this new Outlook data file and click OK.
    • The new Outlook data file or PST will be highlighted in the navigation pane.
    • Now click File tab -> Open -> Import.
    • The Import and Export Wizard will appear. Select Import from another program or file from the list and click Next.
    • Now select file type to import from. Select Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next.
    • In the Import Outlook Data File window, select the PST file you want to import.
    • Click Browse to locate the file and select it. The selected file will be shown in the edit box. Also, check the box Do not import duplicates and then click Next.
    • Now select the folder to import from.
    • Check the box Include subfolders and Import items into the same folder in. Then click Finish to start the process.
    • The process is being conducted on your system. Please wait until it gets completed.
    Friday, October 23, 2015 12:30 PM
  • I imported my pst file to outlook 2010  and now I have 2 sets of files: inbox, sent, trash etc. I can move my private folders from one data file to the one I want but It does not let me delete the inbox, sent..etc  How can I merge and remove the unwanted folders?
    Friday, May 20, 2016 12:08 AM
  • Kevin,I installed and merged my files using the PST Merge tool and now I have 3 sets of email folder: 1) my outlook pst file from my old system, 2) my new one that it was created when I setup outlook on windows 10 and 3) the new merged of 1&2 PSTs.  To test, I sent myself an email and it showed up in my new pst file (#2).  I only want one set of files. Any other suggestions how I can accomplish this?

FYI: I moved #1 files to my current pst file (#2) but I can't delete the Inbox, SentItem. etc. from my #1 file.

Saturday, May 21, 2016 5:12 PM
  • Set pst #2 as the default data file then remove the other pst files from your profile (right click on them and click close in the folder list or remove them in file, account settings, data files). 

FWIW, all you needed to do was import the other pst files into one pst file to merge them - you didn't need to use any 3rd party programs to accomplish this.

Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center
    Outlook Tips

Sunday, May 22, 2016 7:22 PM
  • How to merge two Outlook 2010 pst data files?

Generally when such a question is asked on any online forum or discussion community, people only recommend third-party professional tools. Some of them are simply spammers, and some of them are genuine who personally used the recommended tool. To merge two PST file into one single file, there're many software available in the market. But I never recommend third-party tools when there's sometimes I can suggest to do manually without requiring any third-party or any other cost. You can read this blog post for more information:  

Merge PST Files into Single File - Excellent Manual Trick | N. Sem's Blog

Before you can use any third-party tool, you must use the manual trick to merge PST files. You can save your money. I hope the shared information would be helpful here. 

Thanks and best regards.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 6:06 AM
  • You DO NOT NEED to buy anything. Outlook can import a pst into another for FREE.  File, Open & Import > Select the pst you want to import and choose where and whether to include duplicates.

Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center
    Outlook Tips

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 4:03 PM
  • Steps to Merge Files:

1. Make backup copies of both PST files.
    2. Rename the restored version of Mailbox.pst to Mailbox1.pst.
    3. Copy Mailbox1.pst to the directory that contains the working version of Mailbox.pst.
    4. Add Mailbox1.pst to your active profile using steps 5 through 8.
    5. From the Tools menu in the Viewer, click Options and then the Services tab.
    6. In the The Following Information Services Are Set Up In This Profile dialog box, click Personal Information Store, and then click Add. In the The Following Information Services Are Set Up In This Profile box, click Personal Information Store, and then click Add.
    7. In the Available Information Services box, click Mailbox1.pst and then click the OK.
    8. Keep clicking the OK button until all open dialog boxes are closed.
    You should now see two Personal Folders icons on the left pane of the Microsoft Exchange client. The remaining steps outline how to move information from the old PST (Mailbox1.pst) to the current PST (Mailbox.pst). When finished, you will have your old mail merged with the current working file.
    Saturday, July 23, 2016 8:55 AM