How to merge two Outlook 2010 pst data files?

All replies

• Easy way: with the one you want to use open in Outlook and the other one not in your profile, go to File, Open, Import.

If you only want to merge some content, open both pst files in outlook and drag between folders. For calendar, use a list view to see all of the appointments.

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
    Outlook Daily Tips | Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center
    Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook weekly newsletter

Saturday, June 23, 2012 8:47 PM
  • Thanks! This worked for me.

Monday, June 25, 2012 5:47 PM
  • I set up my new office 2010 Outlook first and it delivered email from the past few days into the new program. Meanwhile, I put my .pst file from my old computer/outlook into the new outlook folder and renamed the new .pst file (new) when I re-opened 2010 outlook, all my (old) .pst data was there, but none of the new emails.

I opened the other renamed (new) file, but it was empty? I also tried to import from it, but keep getting a message about "importing to a location that doesn't support Unicode, .... lose multilingual data.... choose location that supports unicode......"

Sunday, July 21, 2013 6:01 PM
  • Thanks, worked perfectly.
    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 1:03 AM
  • There can be many ways to do same thing but, PST merge program is recommended for users as it supports 3 types of merging processes. You can merge PST contacts, PST files and all types of PST items. It saves times because the combining file process is fast. 

Just checked this tool, worked perfectly.

Visit to get more details about this utility:

Saturday, October 17, 2015 5:59 AM
  • To merge 2 or more than 2 Outlook PST files you can use the SysInfoTools PST merge tool. Or, follow the below manual steps:

• Launch Microsoft Outlook on your system. Create a new Outlook data file. Click New Items -> More Items and click Outlook Data File.
    • A new window open with the name of Create or Open Outlook Data File. Give a name to this new Outlook data file and click OK.
    • The new Outlook data file or PST will be highlighted in the navigation pane.
    • Now click File tab -> Open -> Import.
    • The Import and Export Wizard will appear. Select Import from another program or file from the list and click Next.
    • Now select file type to import from. Select Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next.
    • In the Import Outlook Data File window, select the PST file you want to import.
    • Click Browse to locate the file and select it. The selected file will be shown in the edit box. Also, check the box Do not import duplicates and then click Next.
    • Now select the folder to import from.
    • Check the box Include subfolders and Import items into the same folder in. Then click Finish to start the process.
    • The process is being conducted on your system. Please wait until it gets completed.
    Friday, October 23, 2015 12:30 PM