none
Issues with PDF Ifilter 9.0 on Windows Server 2008 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• I recently deployed a MOSS 2007 farm on a Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bit server and I am having issues with PDF Ifilter. I did all the configuration but i still get the following error in the crawl log

The filtering process could not process this item. This might be because you do not have the latest file filter for this type of item. Install the corresponding filter and retry your crawl

Below is the configuration steps I did

1. Downloaded and Installed Adobe Reader 9.0 64bit PDF Ifilter

2. Added the PDF file type in SSP

3. Added PDF to the list as a new String Value 38 at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Web Server
    Extensions\12.0\Search\Applications\GUID\Gather\Search\Extensions\ExtensionList

4. Addded PDF icon to images folder and made an entry to DOCICON.XML
    <mapping Key="pdf" Value="pdficon_small.gif" OpenControl="" />

5. Modified the following registry keys

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office server\12.0\Search\Setup\ContentIndexCommon\Filters\Extension\.pdf

Default {E8978DA6-047F-4E3D-9C78-CDBE46041603}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Web Server Extensions\12.0\Search\Setup\ContentIndexCommon\Filters\Extension\.pdf

Default {E8978DA6-047F-4E3D-9C78-CDBE46041603}

6. Added adobe pdf ifilter bin to the path variable under environment variables
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe PDF ifilter for 64 bit platforms\bin

7. Restarted Office Search

8. Started Full Crawl

Despite all these changes, I am still getting same error. Did anybody install PDF Ifilter 64 bit on Windows Server 2008 R2? I did not see Windows Server 2008 R2 in the system requirements on the adobe site (http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4025)

Any help with this is much appreciated.
    Tuesday, January 5, 2010 4:01 PM

Answers

All replies