none
Custom list columns depends on selected type RRS feed

• Question

• Hello forum, can you please help me with SP2010 customization using designer ? My task looks like:

1) Create list of Products, with attributes: name, code, price, image, product type.

2) according selected type of product (notebbok, camera) define additional attributes.

So -  if user during data Insertion choose product type "notebook" , specialized attribs (battery included: boolean ) appear on form. If he choose type of "camera" , he see another attributes (e.g. screen : line of text). How to solve this situation ? Ideal solution: withou programing, in one form. If it is not possible to do on one form, another (type depend) form can be opened after basic form is shown.

Thank you very much. Marian

Monday, November 21, 2011 2:53 PM

Answers

• If InfoPath is an option, and the attributes are not too many to fit in a list, then InfoPath is an option, you can create multiple views of a form and switch them based on user selection.

You can either use Infopath documents or InfoPath custom list forms.

In SP designer using aspx forms, I don't think you can accomplish this without playing with a little bit of javascript, HTML and xslt.

Aleem Sheikh | SharePoint Architect/Developer | MCPD(SP 2010), MCTS(MOSS 2007), MCAD(.Net), MCSD(VS 6) | London, United Kingdom (My Blog)
    • Marked as answer by Emir Liu Friday, December 2, 2011 5:42 AM
    Monday, November 21, 2011 4:28 PM