none
Sharepoint Unique Reference (Complex) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

First post here, but struggling with something which I'm developing within SharePoint!

I have a list and have a counter for the ID numbers, but what I want is a unique reference calculating based on what's in a field and to lookup the current list. Ill give you an example:

If one of my fields = "TEXT", return "TEXT 1" into the unique reference column. BUT if the whole list contains "TEXT 1" already then the next item would be "TEXT 2" for example.

Does this make sense? I want to start the unique referencing from 1 and keep counting. There is 4 different options the "TEXT" could be based on what has been selected.

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 9:35 AM

All replies

• Hi Aread2012,

You can use SharePoint 2013 workflow platform in SharePoint Designer 2013, use Loop and Call HTTP Web Service action to loop through the items in the current list, if the fields of the text is same, plus 1 for the counter and check the next one.

More information about the workflow, you can check the article for your reference:

WORKFLOW LOOP THROUGH MULTIPLE SHAREPOINT ITEMS

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, September 12, 2019 7:34 AM