none
Office 2010 document fails on checking-in to Sharepoint 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to check-in any office document to our Sharepoint 2007 I get the following massage

Your changes were saved but could not be uploaded because of an error. You may be able to upload to upload this file using the server Web page.

The document remains in the upload center with an upload failed / error massage.

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Monday, May 10, 2010 1:57 PM SP 2010 sentence removed. These are pre-2010 forums. Also "document" added to Title and "not" changed to "on"
    Monday, May 10, 2010 1:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I didn’t run across the issue you described with MOSS 2007  SP2, IE8, Office 2010 RTM.

What patch level of MOSS 2007 you're runing at? What are the IE version and IIS version? Did you enable WEBDAV settings?

Detailed information will help to further troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks & Regards.

Lily Wu
    Friday, May 14, 2010 6:08 AM
  • We are running the last version of MOSS 2007, at least there are no pending updates to make.

I am using IE8, but I have tray it with IE7 and I found the same problem. We are ruining IIS 7, we have enabled the webdav.

At this time we have this problem with windows 7 and office 2010. We have 3 pc with this configuration, the rest are running windows 7 and office 2007 or windows xp and office 2007 and they work fine.

We have made a test to migrate the Sharepoint 2007 to 2010 and in the 2010 we have now problem with the office 2010.

I have no idea what the problem might be, the only change that we made was upgrading from office 2007 to office 2010 RTM.

Regards

Alejandro

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 8:52 PM
  • I am having almost identical problem, using Word 2010 with WSS 3.0
    Friday, May 21, 2010 3:31 AM
  • Just wondering, did anyone find a resolution to this issue?  We have a few early adoptors of 2010 and they are experiencing the same wonderful symptoms.

Ciao,

Lewis_Carroll

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 7:19 AM
  • Anyone have any answer to this problem. I am thinking of going back to office 2007 if I have no news.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 7:44 PM
  • I have a sev ticket open with Microsoft.  I will post out there resolution once I get it.

Cheers,

Lewis_Carroll

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 10:49 PM
  • No news from MS yet on a resolution.  But, we have found that the error occurs whith the Office Uplaod Center.  We have found a slight workaround.  When a user edits a file on SharePoint they have to choose the option to cache the file locally and then they can use the check in option to update the file on the SharePoint site.  If they choose the option to save the file then goes to the Office Upload Center, at which point the update fails.  This appears to be an issue with how the Office Upload Center interfaces with SharePoint 2007.  More to come soon (hopefully).

Regards,

Lewis_Carroll

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 1:14 AM
  • Has anyone found a resolution to this problem yet?  Does MS realize it is a real problem?  We have a few Office 2010 (released) upgrades and none can edit and upload SharePoint 2007 documents.  Release Candidates worked fine and worked on an old SharePoint 2007 install but now they receive Upload Failed messages and cannot update without posting a new document.  All Office 2007 clients work.  Our SharePoint Server was recently upgraded to Windows 2008.

Thanks,

ikeliza

Friday, July 23, 2010 4:04 PM
  • Hi all,

same problem here. I'm running SP2010 and Office 2010. When uploading a document i get the message just mentioned above (Your changes were saved but could not be uploaded because of an error. You may be able to upload to upload this file using the server Web page.).

I'm using to different web apps (one is using classic authentication with kerberos, and the other is using claims based with kerberos): on both i get the same error.

Instead, if deploying to a web app using ntlm, everything works fine.

Gabriel

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 7:41 AM
  • Hello A Muther,

You state "We are ruining IIS 7, we have enabled the webdav."  Did you enable Webdav publishing in IIS 7.0 on your server?  IF this is the case then this is most likely the cause of your problem.  You must remove Webdav publishing from the SharePoint server.  SharePoint acts as its own WebDav server and the Webdav Publishing installed with IIS7 will cause problems with this. 

-Aseem

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 5:16 PM
  • Hello Aseem Nayar

I have remove Webdav publishing, but I am still experiencing the problem, I do  not think that the problem is on the server, but rather in my PC, all users that have office 2007 have now problem, and the ones that have office 2010 are founding this problem.

As well in another server we have a shear point 2010 and that works fine.

Please let me know if you have any other ideas, we are stopping the implementation of office 2010 in all the company because of this. I am considering going back to office 2007 if this is not resolved.

Regards

Alejandro

Friday, August 13, 2010 8:21 PM
  • After removing WebDav publishing from the server did you do a reboot of the Server?  What errors are the clients getting now?

On your client is the Web client service started?

-Aseem

Monday, August 16, 2010 3:05 PM
  • yes we reboot the server

we are geting the same error as before

Your changes were saved but could not be uploaded because of an error. You may be able to upload to upload this file using the server Web page.

the documents remain in the document upload center

the web client sercice is started.

Alejandro

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 2:47 PM
  • I have tried all of this as well, with no luck - cannot save Office 2010 documents to the WSS3.0 service on my SBS Server.  I can save Office 2007 documents.   Of course, I can upload the documents - but that's not the same!

Ze'ev

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 2:50 PM
  • To best serve you I suggest you open a Support Ticket for this issue so that we can take a more detailed look at your problem. 

To contact support please start here:  http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx?RDPATH=dm;en-us;select&target=assistance

Thank you,

-Aseem

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 6:52 PM
  • We are facing same problem, We have MOSS 2007, 64-bit, and Office 2010, When we try to edit any document, it get stuck in upload center and upload fails.

is there any solution for this?

Thanks

/-Vikas

Thursday, January 20, 2011 7:47 AM
  • Any updates from MS on this?

I'm using SP 2010 with Feb 2011 CU, on Windows Server 2008 R2, Office 2010.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011 11:51 PM
  • No solution from when we opened the ticket.  We have since upgraded to SP 2010 witht eh Aug 2010 CU and still experience the issue on some workstations.  Have the user check the option to use the local cache when checking out the document resolves the issue for 95% of our users.  For the other 5% we reinstall Office 2010 with all of the components checked and then patch it to get theirs to work.
    Lewis_Carroll "His answer trickled through my head like water through a sieve."
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 10:04 AM
  • Anyone found a solution to this problem yet?  I am having the same issue and have not found a solution yet.
    C# Developer
    Monday, July 25, 2011 4:43 PM
  • Sorry to threadbump, but I'm having the same issue:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepoint2010general/thread/a6676a4b-5c52-4ce2-8c30-e86299900bb3

Anyone here ever get an update?

Monday, August 15, 2011 6:41 AM
  • Bump

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:55 PM