none
Sharepoint Hosted Add-Ins not available RRS feed

• Question

• We set up our SharePoint server to host add-ins but apps added are not available

Steps taken:

Created App Domain (Forward Lookup zone)
    App domain has a valid certificate

Ensured App Management and Subscription Setting Service are running

Configured App URLs

Created App Catalog site

Uploaded an app webpart.sppkg

Clicked Deploy screen when prompted

In the Apps for Sharepoint library the app is shown as  1.Enabled, 2. Valid App Package, 3. $Resources:core,Client_Is_Client_Side_Solution_Deloyed is Yes

Yet when you go into Add an App the app is not visible.

What am I missing here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 7:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Here  you go

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fp161231.aspx

Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the answer if it helps you

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 8:10 PM
  • Thanks for taking time to read my post and respond. Although the article is informative my issues is the app is already uploaded to the App site and is visible in the Apps for Sharepoint library it is not available for installation. When you select Add an App and are taken to "Site Contents - Your Apps" it is not displayed.
    Tuesday, December 19, 2017 9:10 PM
  • Hi,

Seems the steps is correct to deploy the SPFX web part like the article listed:

Deploy client-side web part to a SharePoint page

But in your SharePoint 2016, have you installed feature pack 2 ?

SharePoint Framework only supported with show the web part in classic page at least SharePoint 2016 feature Pack 2 or Office 365 SharePoint Online:

SharePoint Framework development with SharePoint 2016 Feature Pack 2

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, December 20, 2017 10:43 AM
  • Yes Feature Pack 2 is installed.
    Wednesday, December 20, 2017 2:04 PM
  • Hi,

For a testing, I would suggest you can create a SharePoint hosted add in with Visual Studio and then deploy to the SharePoint development site, check if the normal SharePoint add in can be visible in Site Contents, this will at least check if the environment is configured correct for add in development.

Thanks

Best Regards

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, December 21, 2017 3:01 AM
  • The SharePoint client-side web part which was uploaded, installed (but is not available for installation) was created using Visual Studio code. When the sppkg is reconfigured to run on Office 365 it works as expected. Since we followed the setup instructions from Microsoft I am not sure where to look for a possible problem.
    Thursday, December 21, 2017 2:25 PM
  • Hi,

After SPFX web part deployed, it will be visiable in Web Part Picker for both Modern page and Classic page, I would suggest you can check if the SPFX web part is available in the web part picker, if the web part is there, then it is working as expected, and here is a similiar thread for your reference:

Custom webpart (spfx) not listed in app gallery

Thanks

Best Regards

Monday, December 25, 2017 3:50 AM
  • In the Apps for Sharepoint library the app is shown as  1.Enabled, 2. Valid App Package, 3. $Resources:core,Client_Is_Client_Side_Solution_Deloyed is Yes

Based on one of your columns being entitled "$Resources:core,Client_Is_Client_Side_Solution_Deployed" I think you need to install the latest relevant language pack for your environment.

SharePoint 2016 language packs can be found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=51492

My guess is that you'll need to resolve the column title issue before the apps will load correctly. This may require deleting and re-creating the app catalog site after the language patch is installed.

Thursday, August 16, 2018 8:03 PM