none
A-V Service won't start on edge RRS feed

• Question

• On a Lync 2013 Edge I am getting these errors. 

I need to say that yesterday everything worked I just changed certificate (edge, IIS- ARR, Office web app).

- EventID 22021 LS A/V edge Server

LS A/V Edge Server failed to open a network endpoint.

Protocol TCP Address 192.168.33.28 Port 445
    Cause: Either an invalid configuration or another process is using the resource.
    Resolution:
    Check the configuration of the LS A/V Edge Server and verify the network resource is available.

--------------------------------------------------------

- EventID 22037 LS A/V edge Server

Failed to start kernel mode driver component.

Cause: An IP address and/or listening ports may be configured incorrectly.
    Resolution:
    Verify that the computer has the IP addresses specified in the topology configuration.
    Determine whether any other application or service has already used the TCP/UDP ports specified in the topology configuration.

My Configuration (edge)

LAN NIC : 192.168.17.208 / 24

DMZ NIC 192.168.3.208 /24, DG 192.168.3.1

Host File : 192.168.17.106 DC.domain.com, 192.168.17.208 LyncFE.domain.com 

Certificate has sip.domain.com, meet.domain.com,lyncdiscover.domain.com, dialin.domain.com ... (when I open meet.domain.com correnct certificate is shown)

My Configuration (FE)

- InternalFQDN Edge.domain.com, IP 192.168.17.208 federation, xmpp enabled, port 4443.

- next hop is LyncFE.domain.com

- External Settings: 

- Access Edge, Web Conferencing and A/V edge are the same (just the ports are different) 

sip.domain.com, 192.168.3.208 (5061,444,445)

Any Ideas? Please help.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 12:07 PM

Answers

• Sorry, 445 is a well known port used for SMB: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/204279 It's likely that Windows is holding this port open for you, keeping the A/V service from starting.  Can you try a different port?  Run netstat -an to verify that nothing is listening on the port you choose.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

• Proposed as answer by Georg Thomas Tuesday, July 15, 2014 1:49 PM
    • Marked as answer by MrAlexandar Wednesday, July 16, 2014 8:53 AM
    Tuesday, July 15, 2014 12:33 PM

All replies

• Sorry, 445 is a well known port used for SMB: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/204279 It's likely that Windows is holding this port open for you, keeping the A/V service from starting.  Can you try a different port?  Run netstat -an to verify that nothing is listening on the port you choose.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

• Proposed as answer by Georg Thomas Tuesday, July 15, 2014 1:49 PM
    • Marked as answer by MrAlexandar Wednesday, July 16, 2014 8:53 AM
    Tuesday, July 15, 2014 12:33 PM
  • Verify that IP addresses mentioned in topology builder and edge server external NIC card. External web service FQDN and Access edge FQDN are the same.

For this issue "Event ID 22037 & Event ID 22021" , Check below link which is helpful

http://www.lyncfix.com/2013/09/09/lync-av-edge-server-failed-to-start/

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question, please click "Mark As Answer" Mai Ali | My blog: Technical | Twitter: Mai Ali

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 1:39 PM
  • I just ran into this in my lab; this was the correct answer but I didn't actually find anything with netstat -ano so I had assumed it was fine until this post jogged my memory about 445 and SMB.  So I guess even if you don't see it there, it might still be the problem, for anyone reading this.
    Sunday, October 22, 2017 11:36 PM