none
Powershell PST Merge RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Exchange 2010 database with about 700 mailboxes. I need to merge a PST calendar file into all those mailboxes. I'd like to script it so I don't need to perform the merge for each mailbox individually. Does anyone have any recommendations or examples of scripts that I could use?

Vincent Sprague

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 3:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Vincent,

here is an article about importing PST files into mailboxes with powershell:

http://www.simple-talk.com/sysadmin/exchange/importing-psts-with-powershell-in-exchange-2010-sp1/

I can't say if it works the way you need it, because i haven't got the time to test.

Martin

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 8:38 PM
  • Martin, that looks right.  Say for example you wanted to put everyone's birthday in each user's mailbox.  You could:

• put the birthday data into the pst
    • create a new pst import request for each mailbox, importing the same pst over and over...

I'm not saying this is a good idea, but it should work.  :)

Mike Crowley | MVP
    My Blog -- Planet Technologies

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 11:21 PM
  • Hi Vincent,

Any updates?

Frank Wang

TechNet Community Support

Friday, June 1, 2012 3:22 AM
  • I'm still working on generating the script. Once I have one that works I'll post it to the forum here.

Vincent Sprague

Friday, June 1, 2012 3:39 AM
  • Now multiple tools available that merge pst files but few problems with multiple products when i used with my pst files, so finally used this tool http://www.outlookconverter.net/pst-merge/ this tool helped me to merge my 60 files with accurate result.

• Edited by merrysmithh Wednesday, November 8, 2017 7:49 AM
    Wednesday, November 8, 2017 7:48 AM
  • You van also try out  PST Merge Software. I have used the free version and let me tell you the software is a ground-breaking tool integrated with the intelligent scanning algorithms that allow you to merge an unlimited number of PST files into a single PST file in no moment of time. This utility merges various MS outlook contacts, outlook emails, and outlook calendars into one PST file with great ease. To know more about the usability and its feature of this incredible tool. 
    Saturday, November 18, 2017 11:58 AM
  • Sometimes due to a large number of PST file in your mailbox and it becomes painful to open each PST file and search for the desired mail or content. To handle this tedious task and solve this problem by merging multiple PST files into single PST file this i.e. use PST Merge Software which is the easiest task performed to merge Outlook PST file.
    Saturday, November 18, 2017 1:02 PM
  • Take the help of PST merge to overcome the difficulty of merging multiple PST file. The resultant files can be merged in a single file. https://www.gaintools.com/merge-pst/
    • Edited by Oliviaz Wednesday, May 2, 2018 7:20 AM
    Monday, February 26, 2018 12:49 PM
  • Here is query about script, but some user provided the tool. Plz don't share wrong answer.
    Sunday, August 18, 2019 3:05 AM