Powershell PST Merge RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Exchange 2010 database with about 700 mailboxes. I need to merge a PST calendar file into all those mailboxes. I'd like to script it so I don't need to perform the merge for each mailbox individually. Does anyone have any recommendations or examples of scripts that I could use?

Vincent Sprague

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 3:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Vincent,

here is an article about importing PST files into mailboxes with powershell:

http://www.simple-talk.com/sysadmin/exchange/importing-psts-with-powershell-in-exchange-2010-sp1/

I can't say if it works the way you need it, because i haven't got the time to test.

Martin

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 8:38 PM
  • Martin, that looks right.  Say for example you wanted to put everyone's birthday in each user's mailbox.  You could:

• put the birthday data into the pst
    • create a new pst import request for each mailbox, importing the same pst over and over...

I'm not saying this is a good idea, but it should work.  :)

Mike Crowley | MVP
    My Blog -- Planet Technologies

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 11:21 PM
  • Hi Vincent,

Any updates?

Frank Wang

TechNet Community Support

Friday, June 1, 2012 3:22 AM
  • I'm still working on generating the script. Once I have one that works I'll post it to the forum here.

Vincent Sprague

Friday, June 1, 2012 3:39 AM
  • Here is query about script, but some user provided the tool. Plz don't share wrong answer.
    Sunday, August 18, 2019 3:05 AM
  • Hi Vincent,

Did you find a solution?

J Bonner

Thursday, October 24, 2019 6:15 PM
  • I have also gone through the same issue some months ago. As recommended by someone and also my personal research, I decided to use one software tool that is very efficient and reliable. Let me tell you that it is a very cost-effective and safe solution to merge combine multiple PST files into one PST file. I think you can also give a try to that. Visit here: https://www.mailsclick.com/merge-pst-file/
    Wednesday, November 27, 2019 5:52 AM