none
Public folder migration with PST's RRS feed

• Question

• I have an exchange migration coming up. Basically carving out several business units from several disconnected existing environments and consolidating them into a single Exchange org.  There will be no connectivity between the two environments, so a true migration is out of the question. The admin of the exchange environment that the users are leaving will be providing me with PST's of mailbox and public folder data, I then need to import those into my exchange org (after generating new accounts for the users).

I've got the user mailbox migration figured out.  This site had a really simple PS command to get the mailboxes imported, so I'm stuck with figuring out how to build and repopulate the public folders.  I've done this type of user PST migrations in the past without issue, but I never had to deal with public folders in those migrations.

Any suggestions/tips on how to deal with the public folders?? 

• Edited by Dhagel Tuesday, November 8, 2016 4:36 PM
    Tuesday, November 8, 2016 4:28 PM

Answers

• The best way is using outlook. You can take a complete export and then import them.

How To Export Data In Outlook

Some general steps:

- You need an account with full permissions to Export all the PF to one or more PSTs
    - Then to create a PF mailbox in exchange 2013, all existing legacy PF databases should be deleted.
    - Then create new Public Folder mailbox on Exchange 2013.
    - After that set the mailbox and Database quotas to unlimited for the mailbox and database where the PF mailbox is located. Then move the user with which you have made the export to Exchange 2013
    - Run on 2013 exchange get-mailbox | set-mailbox -DefaultPublicFoldermailbox “pfmailbox”
    - Use Outlook –>option–>advanced–> Export outlook Information to a File…. and choose import from pst  select the “import in selection” new PF Structure in Outlook should be selected and import the PST to the new PF mailbox.

You may also get help from this import and export solution to accomplish this PST migration task easily and efficiently.

Thanks,

• Marked as answer by Dhagel Wednesday, November 9, 2016 3:36 PM
    Wednesday, November 9, 2016 9:32 AM