none
Cannot share Outlook Calendar (2007) RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to share a calendar. When the share e-mail is delivered, the recipient's e-mail says "This sharing message is not valid. All action buttons have been disabled." And sure enough, there is no action that can be performed.

Both users have emails on the 2003 Exchange Server and are listed in the same active directory. Both have their e-mail address specified in the user profile in active directory. Both users are running Office 2007 Professional. The email account is Exchange also, not POP.

Search engines don't show any info on this error except for one guy that said his issue was resolved by checking that the e-mail was specified in the user profiles in active directory. So I checked that, still same message...

Thanks for any input!

Monday, September 12, 2011 9:49 PM

Answers

• Well I finally got it fixed. Going into Outlook on user B's end, I noticed it was actually a personal mailbox that was being used. When going through Outlook's wizard, I had setup the user account as POP instead of connecting it to Exchange.

I closed out of Outlook and went into Mail in the control panel and connected to the exchange server that way. I setup Exchange as the default mail account and reopened Outlook and the shared calendar was there.

So basically the email was invalid because outlook was not connected to exchange.

Thanks for the reply!

• Marked as answer by iambrock Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:25 PM
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:25 PM

All replies

• The calendar was successfully shared with another user this morning, but still the same error with the first user. What would make the sharing message not valid when being sent to the specific user? Both users have the same rights and the user profiles in active directory have the email address specified the same as well. Still confused.
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 1:41 PM
  • Hi

Can you inform, how you are sharing the calendar? and how you are accesing the shared calendar?

Since both the users are from the same domain and if you want to share the calendar of user A to user B. Go to properties of A calendar - Permission tab, add permission for the user B. Or you can assign a delegate for the user A as User B.

Once done, On user B computer, Open calendar - Add a shared calendar - Type the display name of user A. Users A calendar will be added to User B.

If nothing works, Inform the steps, how you are performing the calendar sharing.

• Proposed as answer by Rajkumar-MCITP Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:29 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Rajkumar-MCITP Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:41 PM
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 3:59 AM
  • Well I finally got it fixed. Going into Outlook on user B's end, I noticed it was actually a personal mailbox that was being used. When going through Outlook's wizard, I had setup the user account as POP instead of connecting it to Exchange.

I closed out of Outlook and went into Mail in the control panel and connected to the exchange server that way. I setup Exchange as the default mail account and reopened Outlook and the shared calendar was there.

So basically the email was invalid because outlook was not connected to exchange.

Thanks for the reply!

• Marked as answer by iambrock Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:25 PM
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:25 PM