none
Copying the data from an old SharePoint 2010 site to a new SharePoint site 2016. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We have a list in our SharePoint. This list uses a form to display its items. This list also has all the possible columns types.

Also, there are around 1000 items on this list.

This list is present on a SharePoint site which is on version 2010.

Can anybody let me know how can I copy this whole data in the new SharePoint site 2016 ?

Thanks and Regards,

Riya Sharma

Tuesday, March 3, 2020 2:09 PM

Answers

• Hi Riya,

You can save the list as template in SharePoint 2010 site, export the template file and upload to SharePoint 2016 list template gallery, then create a new list using this list template.

Or use some third-party tool to achieve.

Here is an article with other some methods for your reference: How to move a List from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by RiyaSharma073 Thursday, March 5, 2020 9:11 AM
    Wednesday, March 4, 2020 2:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Riya,

You can save the list as template in SharePoint 2010 site, export the template file and upload to SharePoint 2016 list template gallery, then create a new list using this list template.

Or use some third-party tool to achieve.

Here is an article with other some methods for your reference: How to move a List from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by RiyaSharma073 Thursday, March 5, 2020 9:11 AM
    Wednesday, March 4, 2020 2:16 AM
  • Hi Grace,

Thanks for the reply.

I used this method to export the list to the new site.

However, my list has around 1000 items, hence, it was giving me error when I tried to include the contents.

Hence, I was not able to take the contents of the list to the new site. I was only able to take the list structure.

Thanks and Regards,

Riya Sharma

Thursday, March 5, 2020 9:11 AM