Not downloading Offline address book files. A server (URL) could not be located. 0X8004010F

All replies

  • I've created new OAB from EMC then associated it with the secondary storage group and I also did:

    Change the Autodiscover record to become SRV
    according to:

    and installed Office 2007 SP1

    here's the output of the https://(servername) when i typed it from a browser:

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    - <Autodiscover xmlns="">
    - <Response>
    - <Error Time="08:55:27.4843750" Id="1433479874">
      <Message>Invalid Request</Message>
      <DebugData />

    and the actual Autodiscover.xml looks like this:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <!-- This is a placeholder file -->

    Thursday, May 22, 2008 11:06 PM

    I also did these cmdlets below:


    get-offlineaddressbook | update-offlineaddressbook

    update-filedistributionservice %CAS server name%


    and still to no avail.


    16:16:32 Microsoft Exchange offline address book

    16:16:32                                 Not downloading Offline address book files.  A server (URL) could not be located.

    16:16:32                0X8004010F


    any idea and suggestion please ?
    Monday, June 23, 2008 6:18 AM
  • Added related thread in this forum:



    any kinds of help would be greatly appreciated.



    Tuesday, June 24, 2008 2:40 AM
  • This Error,


    seems to have a root cause from the AUTODISCOVER thingy :-(


    any idea of how to add the server entry for this autodiscover inside the Active Dir. database please ?


    Tuesday, July 15, 2008 12:45 AM
  • Did you ever get this worked out? I am currently having the same issues and need to get this resolved.

    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 5:44 PM
  • nschultz0124,

    the problem still exist since last year and what I'd like to do is that install these:

    .NET Framework 3.5 Update
    Update rollup 6

    and see how did you go with it.

    /* Support Engineer */
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 1:59 AM
  • Albert,

    I was able to resolve my issue by using Microsofts KB940726.

    I also used the following link which led me to find that my internal URL's were typed incorrectly.

    The above link will allow your error messages to get more granular in powershell and actually show you what is failing.

    I was led to the above link from Microsoft KB article 896861 which is for IIS 5 and 6 but the registry changes are still valid for IIS 7.

    let me know if this helps.

    Friday, May 08, 2009 12:16 PM
  • i am having this same pro blem; checked the certs, checked IIS permissions, checked internal/external URLs on all virt directorys. still unable to download OAB, set OOF, or access GAL when using Outlook Anywhere
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 9:33 PM
  • finally figured it out.

    Didnt have any OAB distribution points enabled, Turned on "Enable Web-Based Distribution" under Org Config/Mailboxes/OAB and it started working.
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 3:00 PM