To All techie and MVPs in this forum,
How does one solve the problem of this nasty and annoying Error message:
14:36:32 Synchronizer Version 12.0.6300
14:36:32 Synchronizing Mailbox 'Albert Widjaja Tedjadiputra'
14:36:32 Synchronizing Hierarchy
14:36:32 Microsoft Exchange offline address book
14:36:32 Not downloading Offline address book files. A server (URL) could not be located.
I've been struggling with this error since I deploy my Exchange Server 2007 and I've come accross to several sites for the resolution and workaround but it doesn't seems to be helpful anyway :-|, here's the list of the workaround for this Issue of Autodiscover.
1. Adding “A” record
2. Put Autodiscover.itree.com.au and McLaren.itree.com.au in Certificate SAN
3. Rebuilding email account, by deleting the OST and then recreating it. Or delete the current Outlook mail profile and creating it again from beginning.
4. Proxy bypass for McLaren.itree.com.au
5. Selecting the correct OAB in EMS
6. Rebuilding OAB in EMS
7. Adding XML debug override elements in web.config file then RESTART the server.
8. Check the SSL port used by Autodiscover
9. Applying Exchange Server 2007 SP1 Update Rollup 2
another blog to read is Daniel GOldman's: http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman/search.aspx?q=0X8004010F&p=1
any other Idea or input would be GREATLY appreciated for all of Exchange Server 2007 user and Administrator as well.
I've created new OAB from EMC then associated it with the secondary storage group and I also did:
Change the Autodiscover record to become SRV
according to: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940881
and installed Office 2007 SP1
here's the output of the https://(servername).domain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml when i typed it from a browser:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
- <Autodiscover xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/autodiscover/responseschema/2006">
- <Error Time="08:55:27.4843750" Id="1433479874">
and the actual Autodiscover.xml looks like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- This is a placeholder file -->
I also did these cmdlets below:
update-filedistributionservice%CAS server name%
and still to no avail.
16:16:32 Microsoft Exchange offline address book
16:16:32 Not downloading Offline address book files. A server (URL) could not be located.
Added related thread in this forum: http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3526457&SiteID=17&mode=1
any kinds of help would be greatly appreciated.
I was able to resolve my issue by using Microsofts KB940726.
I also used the following link which led me to find that my internal URL's were typed incorrectly.
The above link will allow your error messages to get more granular in powershell and actually show you what is failing.
I was led to the above link from Microsoft KB article 896861 which is for IIS 5 and 6 but the registry changes are still valid for IIS 7.
let me know if this helps.