none
Removing Custom Field Types RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking for a way to see the installed custom field types and a way to remove them.  So far I have not found anything in central admn or any stsadm  command to get rid of them.  I uninstalled the solutions involved, but there are two CFT still left.  They do not show up as installed features.

I can of course go in and delete the xml file from TEMPLATE\XML and also remove the .ascx from _ControlTemplates and delete  the assembly from the GAC, but my experience has led me to believe that such hamfisted techniques usually cause more problems than they solve

Thursday, March 20, 2008 1:48 PM

Answers

• If the custom fields were not installed as part of a solution package (i.e. via xcopy or a similar method) then the manual approach you described is the ony way to remove them short of writing custom code to do that work for you...

Friday, March 21, 2008 9:30 PM

All replies

• If the custom fields were not installed as part of a solution package (i.e. via xcopy or a similar method) then the manual approach you described is the ony way to remove them short of writing custom code to do that work for you...

Friday, March 21, 2008 9:30 PM
  • How did this work out for you? I'm facing the same issue.
    Monday, October 20, 2008 2:03 PM