none
Can not activate office with this error 0x8007232B

Question

• I download the office 2010 beta from Microsoft, when I install it the serial field not shown it's directly install, after that comes this error when i try to activate
    Error Code: 0x8007232B and this
    Error Code: 0x8004F807

This error when I check it with this program Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool

Office Status: 100 Genuine
    Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003 - 100 Genuine
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.28.0
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80096010
    Office Diagnostics: B4D0AA8B-604-645_025D1FF3-364-80041010_025D1FF3-229-80041010_025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-517-80040154_025D1FF3-237-80040154_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-244-80070002_025D1FF3-258-3

• Moved by Siddharth Chavan Wednesday, April 28, 2010 10:55 AM Forum Consolidation (From:Microsoft Office 2010 Volume Activation (to be retired))
    Friday, November 20, 2009 3:57 PM

Answers

• Hi there,
    The product installs with a default KMS product key. The error code is because Office is attempting to activate against a non existent KMS host. This behavior is Enterprise specific and should not be used if you are using Office in a non Enterprise/commercial environment. Please change the product key via the below steps so you can activate via the Internet:

MAK key: 2PWHY-KT4X6-96PYW-XQR7V-HW2W9

Step 1: Open Microsoft Word 2010 Beta and click on the "File" tab. This will take you to the Backstage view. Next click "Help" in the set of tabs on the left.

Step 2: Click “Change Product Key” on the right side of the screen.

Step 3: Enter the Multiple Activation Key (MAK) displayed above. Please check the box to activate automatically or restart the app to activate using the activation dialog box.

Step 4: That’s all you need to do. Entering the MAK key in Microsoft Word 2010 Beta automatically activates all the Office Professional Plus 2010 Beta applications. Click on the "File" tab to return to the Document view.

Saturday, November 21, 2009 12:23 AM

All replies

• Hi there,
    The product installs with a default KMS product key. The error code is because Office is attempting to activate against a non existent KMS host. This behavior is Enterprise specific and should not be used if you are using Office in a non Enterprise/commercial environment. Please change the product key via the below steps so you can activate via the Internet:

MAK key: 2PWHY-KT4X6-96PYW-XQR7V-HW2W9

Step 1: Open Microsoft Word 2010 Beta and click on the "File" tab. This will take you to the Backstage view. Next click "Help" in the set of tabs on the left.

Step 2: Click “Change Product Key” on the right side of the screen.

Step 3: Enter the Multiple Activation Key (MAK) displayed above. Please check the box to activate automatically or restart the app to activate using the activation dialog box.

Step 4: That’s all you need to do. Entering the MAK key in Microsoft Word 2010 Beta automatically activates all the Office Professional Plus 2010 Beta applications. Click on the "File" tab to return to the Document view.

Saturday, November 21, 2009 12:23 AM
  • Thanx Richie Moloney
    • Proposed as answer by Tokoro Thursday, December 17, 2009 3:24 AM
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 3:53 AM
  • Thank...
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 3:25 AM
  • Thank you that worked great. - BTW, if you close and open word after this, it will ask for activation, then it activates successfully.  If you follow the screen prompts.

JAZY
    Saturday, January 09, 2010 6:53 PM
  • What if I didn't install Word 2010?  I only installed OneNote 2010 because I have Word 2007 already installed.
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 3:52 AM
  • OneNote is part of the Professional Plus suite, so please use the ProPlus key from this page:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/activation.aspx

Ted Way [MSFT], Program Manager, Microsoft Office PLEX Enterprise Licensing, Group Policy, and 64-bit Office
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 10:42 PM
  • I also am getting this error and have tried the steps above with no success.  I've entered in the above key, as well as the original one, and it keeps taking me back to the activation window that tells me I need to activate it, but when I do, I get that error.

Please Help!

Thanks in advance =)

Monday, June 07, 2010 3:00 PM
  • I also am getting this error and have tried the steps above with no success.  I've entered in the above key, as well as the original one, and it keeps taking me back to the activation window that tells me I need to activate it, but when I do, I get that error.

Please Help!

Thanks in advance =)

The same here. All possible means of activation has failed, i have no idea what to do except going back to MO 2007 which is really :-(.

Please Help!!

Thanks

• Proposed as answer by matthew.tsit Sunday, February 16, 2014 10:22 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by matthew.tsit Sunday, February 16, 2014 10:22 PM
    Saturday, December 18, 2010 2:15 PM
  • I'm getting the same failure code and when I try to access the link it does nothing, likewise when I try to access 'Change' under Add/Remove. Can't uninstall either.

It does have Office 2007 Live Meeting.

Running XP Pro, SP3 patched to date.

• Proposed as answer by pronco Thursday, May 31, 2012 7:51 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by pronco Thursday, May 31, 2012 7:51 PM
    Wednesday, April 06, 2011 5:25 PM
  • It took a while for us to figure it out, but we repaired this error by setting the KMS host and port manually from an elevated command prompt and then forcing the activation. Apparently, somehow the port and host got lost, and so there was no KMS host for Office 2010 to reach out to. We were able to confirm this by examining the KMS logs on the server end, which revealed no activity from the target computer despite numerous attempts. Here is the solution we used:

cd c:\program files\microsoft office\office14

cscript ospp.vbs /sethst:abcd.efgh.edu (where your actual host is specific to your KMS server)

cscript ospp.vbs /setprt:1234 (again, where your port is specific to your KMS server)

cscript ospp.vbs /act

We then launched Office 2010 Professional Plus and it reported itself as activated.
    • Edited by pronco Thursday, May 31, 2012 7:54 PM
    Thursday, May 31, 2012 7:52 PM
  • It took a while for us to figure it out, but we repaired this error by setting the KMS host and port manually from an elevated command prompt and then forcing the activation. Apparently, somehow the port and host got lost, and so there was no KMS host for Office 2010 to reach out to.

auto-discovery of KMShost server requires/assumes you have DNS records published by your KMS and that your KMSclient machines can/will resolve a generic lookup for SRV RR's in the _vlmcs._tcp service/zone for your namespace.

e.g. in a simple example AD the AD is named contoso.com
    the KMShost server (named kmsserv.contoso.com) would auto-publish a DNS SRV RR into _vlmcs._tcp for kmsserv.contoso.com
    KMSclient machine (named client01.contoso.com) would query for all _vlmcs._tcp RR's and then know to request an activation from kmsserv.contoso.com

if your DNS RR's are not present or your clients have incorrect DNS suffixes or DNS suffix search lists then they will struggle.
    it's perfectly valid to statically configure your KMSclient machines to a specific KMShost.
    Note that this will defeat the DNS lookup, so if your KMShost changes IP address,those statically configured clients will fail to renew activation and will eventually progress into non-genuine/notification/out-of-tolerance warning.

Don

Thursday, May 31, 2012 9:26 PM
  • Hello, I entered (MAK) key: 2PWHY-KT4X6-96PYW-XQR7V-HW2W9, unfortunately message in red " This is not a valid Office Product key".  Thanks in advance.
    Monday, July 23, 2012 2:06 PM
  • Hello, I entered (MAK) key: 2PWHY-KT4X6-96PYW-XQR7V-HW2W9, unfortunately message in red " This is not a valid Office Product key".  Thanks in advance.

Hi IrinaSos, the product key quoted in for Office2010 Beta edition (no longer valid).

Please open a new question thread of your own and describe your issue, so we can help you.
    Thanks!

Don

Monday, July 23, 2012 9:01 PM
  • i tried doing this but when i click on the change product key nothing happens, please anything else you can advise me? i have been using this for 2 months and now suddenly this happens...totally confused
    Friday, August 24, 2012 12:56 AM
  • i tried doing this but when i click on the change product key nothing happens, please anything else you can advise me? i have been using this for 2 months and now suddenly this happens...totally confused

Hi texasblu, the product key quoted is for Office2010 Beta edition (no longer valid).

Please open a new question thread of your own and describe your issue, so we can help you.
    Thanks!

Don

Friday, August 24, 2012 8:37 AM