none
How can I display "Add New Item" in "Document Library" webpart on modern page? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Like any classic list/document web part, there has been "Add New Item" link which seems to be missing in modern experience or I am missing something to configure.

It seems we can not add files directly on the web part as well.Can anyone please suggest How can I display "Add New Item" in "Document Library"/"List" web part on modern page?

Note : Quick Link web part doesn't sound a solution as that would look separate from the web part with lots of space around.

Best Regards,

Dipti Chhatrapati

Monday, October 21, 2019 11:29 AM

Answers

• Hi Dipti,

You didn't miss some configurations or features. This is due to by design reasons.

Unfortunately the current modern page list/library web part does not provide a “add new item” button.

You can refer to this similar situation below:

https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/226255/making-web-links-editable-in-user-interface

In addition, I would suggest you submit a feedback to the SharePoint UserVoice Platform if there any expectation about the future version of SharePoint:

User Voice

It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products. What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 3:29 AM