none
Shared Mailbox not receiving external email RRS feed

• Question

• I have a on premise Exchange 2016 server.  I have created a shared mailbox accounts@mydomain.com.  Do I need to make any configuration change for this mailbox to receive external email ?
    Thursday, September 26, 2019 3:25 PM

Answers

• It turns out I had to add another Exception to include this 'shared mailbox' address as this mailbox was not part of my Catch All group.
    • Marked as answer by NeilDT Friday, September 27, 2019 8:56 AM
    Friday, September 27, 2019 8:56 AM

All replies

• check with get-mailbox if RequireSenderAuthenticationEnabled is disabled or enabled?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

Thursday, September 26, 2019 3:33 PM
  • 

Note this is a 'shared mailbox'

• Edited by NeilDT Thursday, September 26, 2019 4:39 PM
    Thursday, September 26, 2019 4:39 PM
  • If you are using an external email security solution like proofpoint, mimecast, etc, and you have LDAP synchronization enabled, make sure the sync filters are allowing disabled user accounts with mailboxes to sync up. Otherwise, the security software will not allow mail through to the mailbox. (Shared mailboxes have disabled AD accounts and machine generated passwords, so they are treated differently during LDAP Sync scenarios)
    Thursday, September 26, 2019 5:33 PM
  • We don't have a issue we the mail reaching our mail server, but we also have a Catch-All shared mailbox set-up and the email sent to accounts@mydomain.com is going to that Catch-All shared mailbox instead of the newly created one shared mailbox for accoutns@mydomain.com. 

Could this cause the issue?

Friday, September 27, 2019 7:38 AM
  • It turns out I had to add another Exception to include this 'shared mailbox' address as this mailbox was not part of my Catch All group.
    • Marked as answer by NeilDT Friday, September 27, 2019 8:56 AM
    Friday, September 27, 2019 8:56 AM