none
Multi-level menu bar in SharePoint 2007

Question

• Hi all,

I need to do a multi-level menu bar in SharePoint 2007. How can this be done?

(I am working with a team site.)

Thanks as always.

An example could be:

• Africa
      • A-L
        • A-country 1
        • A-country 2
        • L- Etc
      • M-Z
        • M-country 1
        • M-country 2
        • Z-Etc
    • America
      • A-L
        • A-country 1
        • A-country 2
        • L- Etc
      • M-Z
        • M-country 1
        • M-country 2
        • Z-Etc
    Monday, August 6, 2007 1:52 PM

All replies

• If you are using a publishing site with master pages you can simply edit the master page and set the ASP menu control to display 3 staticdisplaylevels (I cannot remember the exact syntax). Try this post series:

http://blogs.msdn.com/ecm/archive/2007/02/10/moss-navigation-deep-dive-part-1.aspx

HTH,

Matthew

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 8:00 PM
  •  

Hi Mathew,

I am not using the publishing template, I am using a team site template.

Thanks.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 8:22 PM
  • What about enabling the Tree View on the site?

Friday, August 24, 2007 11:49 AM
  • Try using the CorpNav IE Toolbar for SharePoint.  It's a product that uses a SharePoint list to define a multi-level navigation menu that users consume using an add-in toolbar for Internet Explorer.  It's made with lots of enterprise-class features, like auto-upgrade, silent deploy, network/server efficient communications.  And best of all, it uses built-in sharepoint features like item/folder-level permissions to provide a customizable user experience.  It also exposes sharepoint search, my site, and my links on the toolbar.

It's a great way to get around some of Sharepoint's navigation shortcomings.

You can download a free 30-day trial at http://www.TooblueTech.com.
    • Edited by Toby Hosterman Monday, January 11, 2010 2:01 PM Forgot some key content.
    Monday, January 11, 2010 2:00 PM