none
Transfer office 2019 to new computer RRS feed

• Question

• My HP computer that was only 4 months old stopped working.  It was sent out for warranty repair, but when they determined it was a mother board, they gave me a new computer.  Now I'm trying to reactivate my office, but am not able to find a way to change it over since I don't have the old computer to uninstall.  How can I transfer the key code to the new computer?

Thanks

Friday, August 23, 2019 1:29 AM

All replies

• 1. From any device, go to https://portal.office.com/Account/#home and sign in using your work or school account, if prompted.

2. From the Install status tile, select Install options.

3. Under My installs, select the down arrow next to INSTALLS to reveal the installs for Office or other products.

4. Select Deactivate to deactivate the installs you no longer use.

see here also,

https://www.bettercloud.com/monitor/the-academy/deactivate-office-365-installation/

Friday, August 23, 2019 2:53 AM
  • My HP computer that was only 4 months old stopped working.  It was sent out for warranty repair, but when they determined it was a mother board, they gave me a new computer.  Now I'm trying to reactivate my office, but am not able to find a way to change it over since I don't have the old computer to uninstall.  How can I transfer the key code to the new computer?

Thanks

Hi FPoole,

Is the Office 2019 a one-time purchase or a Volume licensed version? 

If your Office 2019 is one-time purchase and come with a product key, please refer to Udara Kaushalya's reply to see if it helps. You also can refer to Download and install or reinstall Office 365 or Office 2019 on a PC or Mac. Try downloading installation files directly from the website again, if you failed to activate it, try contacting Microsoft Support

If the Office 2019 is volume licensed version,  you should use KMS or MSK key to activate it. Note that the KMS key has activation threshold requirement and MAK key has activation limit. 

Feel free to post back.

Regards,

Bella Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Friday, August 23, 2019 9:27 AM
  • Hi FPoole,

Do you have any updates?

Please feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Bella Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Monday, August 26, 2019 7:34 AM