Installation Failure: Cannot find Office.en-us\OfficeMUISet.msi RRS feed

• Question

• Upon installing MS Professional Plus 2010, I repeatedly received "the installation encountered an error and will now close." Consequently, I attempted to uninstall all previous versions of MS on my computer; however, this was unsuccessful with the Add and Remove Programs utility and FixIt solutions, leading me to follow a guide to uninstall MS 2007 manually to remove MS 2010 (I could not find a similar guide for 2010). Now when I attempt to install MS 2010, I receive the error that legacy MS Groove software is on my computer, conflicting with my MS SharePoint Workspace. Furthermore, when deselecting SharePoint from installation, I receive another error that the installer cannot find Office.en-us\OfficeMUISet.msi.

I am running a 64-bit Windows 7 OS.

Any information on how to help me fix this problem would be appreciated greatly.

Saturday, October 1, 2011 11:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

there is a large number of people who have used various combinations of these steps to get things sorted out, in this MS Answers thread, so there are a few more things to try if you're still having trouble:http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-office_install/microsoft-office-professional-plus-2010/e4d0742b-ceb8-4796-b1c2-6e8ada415fcc?page=1

You may also benefit from something like revo uninstaller, to tackle a thorough cleanup of all MS Office fragments.

Don
    • Edited by DonPick Sunday, October 2, 2011 12:14 AM add revo
    • Marked as answer by William Zhou CHN Monday, October 10, 2011 3:12 AM
    Sunday, October 2, 2011 12:13 AM
  • For those of you who are still having problems, this solution worked for me. If you're feeling a little daring, follow these steps to delete all office registries:

1. Hotkey Win + R
    2. Type regedit, enter and accept UAC prompt
    3. File export to desktop to make registery back up
    4. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Microsoft -> Office
    5. Delete as much items within the folder as you can

There might be other Office folders around the same parent directory. Look around and delete. This worked for me after trying many different methods, good luck!

• Proposed as answer by gomjh Friday, July 31, 2015 7:02 PM
    Friday, April 25, 2014 2:04 AM
  • Perfect Solution !
    Wednesday, June 25, 2014 9:30 PM
  • Sir could you plz tell me which items do i need to delete. Thank you.
    Tuesday, June 13, 2017 4:06 AM
  •  

Those various XML errors are language related. I tried to install non-English version and it worked! then to get English back I install the one original file (that threw errors) and it worked as well (but during the install I only added English)

Monday, May 7, 2018 7:12 PM
  • Dude,

Thanks a lot that worked for me.....

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 9:29 PM
  • You are awesome Man! It works for me.... :)

Thanks a lot for your post.... Literally i was struggling a lot from one month. 

Friday, March 8, 2019 1:12 PM
  • You, sir, are a genius.  I've been struggling for weeks with this and after reading your post, downloaded and installed the Spanish version, then the English.  Many, many thanks!
    Tuesday, September 3, 2019 8:37 PM