none
Using an outlook prf file to roam imap accounts RRS feed

• Question

• We are deploying Office 2013 to our users who have individual Exchange accounts. A number of users (few hundred) have GCSX secure mailboxes as well as their normal exchange mailboxes. The GCSX mailboxes are set up on a separate domain and use the IMAP protocol.

The Exchange mailboxes roam fine but the GCSX ones need to be added manually when the user moves to a new machine.  Management have asked me to find out if using a prf file to configure outlook accounts, will enable us to get these mailboxes to roam between machines. The IMAP settings allow me to configure the username wildcard (%username%) which is fine but it asks to specify an email address for the account which is only going to map the mailbox that it is associated with.

Can anyone help with this issue? I am not sure if using a prf file is the way to go forward with this

Any advice is much appreciated

Thanks

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 3:14 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I'm afraid there is no easy way to achieve this. You may consider to not specify the email address in the PRF file and tell the users to manually enter the username and password when it prompts.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 10:44 AM