none
SPDistributedCache is probably down SHarepoint 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I have remove distributed Cache from Sharepoint Farm. I have rebooted SP Server, but i get a lot of related errors event log and other logs, related   to non functional DistributedCahe…
    I have single SP Server and  separate SQL server.
    How to clin up SharePoint Server »farm« of Distributed cache settings…

Typical expected errors in my situations :
    Unexpected exception in FeedCacheService.IsRepopulationNeeded: Unable to create a DataCache. SPDistributedCache is probably down..
    in FeedCacheService.IsRepopulationNeeded: Unable to create a DataCache. SPDistributedCache is probably down..
    Distributed cache service is not running in this deployment.

In ULS logs, i can see general errors :
    Token Cache: Failed to initialize SPDistributedSecurityTokenCache  Exception: 'System.InvalidOperationException: SPDistributedCachePointerWrapper::InitializeDataCacheFactory - No cache hosts present in the farm.  

Can  someone point me to right direction to clear configuration …. Related to distributed cache service…
    I did following  in summary

# Dest.. cache
    Get-SPServiceInstance | ft GUID,status,TypeName

$instanceName = "SPDistributedCacheService Name=AppFabricCachingService" $serviceInstance = Get-SPServiceInstance | ? {($_.service.tostring()) -eq $instanceName -and ($_.server.name) -eq $env:computername} $serviceInstance.Unprovision()
    Unregister-CacheHost -HostName Share
    $serviceInstance.Delete()
    Reg = "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\AppFabric\V1.0\Configuration"

Get-CacheHost
    Stop-CacheCluster 

Remove-SPDistributedCacheServiceInstance

• Edited by MaliStane Monday, February 16, 2015 3:25 PM
    Monday, February 16, 2015 3:24 PM

Answers

• Those errors will persist as long as there is not a Distributed Cache host in the farm.

Trevor Seward

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Monday, February 16, 2015 3:28 PM

All replies

• Those errors will persist as long as there is not a Distributed Cache host in the farm.

Trevor Seward

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Monday, February 16, 2015 3:28 PM
  • Hi,

pls check if it helps you

https://lennytech.wordpress.com/category/sharepoint-2013/

Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the answer if it helps you

Monday, February 16, 2015 3:33 PM
  • As there is no cache host you have to start with Add-SPDistributedCacheServiceInstance

Monday, February 16, 2015 3:41 PM