none
sharepoint calendar on page RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• Never tried adding into a SP Page but i think you can, Try creating a Test Resource Calendar List from the below article and then try adding into a SharePoint Page as an Web Part you can try like that.

https://www.dynamics101.com/how-to-create-a-resource-calendar-in-sharepoint-2010/

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Thursday, September 19, 2019 12:55 PM
  • Hi sns, 

In SharePoint 2010 we had a great feature called resource reservation in calendar list which allowed us to reserve meeting with colleagues or book resources without double booking. But the feature has been removed from 2013.

To enable the functionality in SharePoint 2013 and 2016, refer to the following article about enabling Resource Reservation in Calendar List SharePoint 2013 and 2016:

http://spelementary.blogspot.com/2017/05/enabling-resource-reservation-in.html

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, September 20, 2019 1:51 AM
  • Hi Lisa,

It is 2010 not 2016 sorry for confusion 

Friday, September 20, 2019 6:23 AM
  • Hi Sharath,

I have created calendar list with the name "resource booking" but I did not find the "resource" list in my site as per the below blog you have shared. Please help. 

and i tried to add the calendar on page using web part. it is displaying in page.

but as per the user request, i am not sure whether he is looking for same...

what is meant by working resource calendar?

and after followed your blog do I need to create web part to embed this calendar in the SharePoint page?
    • Edited by sns shyam Friday, September 20, 2019 9:37 AM
    Friday, September 20, 2019 6:28 AM
  • Hi sns, 

For your issue about missing "resource" list in your site,  activate Group Work Lists site feature. 

Go to Site Actions >> Site Settings >> Manage Site Features, look for Group Work Lists, and then click on Activate button to activate the feature.

Reference:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/enable-reservation-of-resources-in-a-calendar-0bdb58b9-db48-4c9f-b3f4-b2052f0576bc

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by sns shyam Friday, September 20, 2019 10:01 AM
    Friday, September 20, 2019 6:59 AM
  • Hi Lisa,

Thank you. What does it mean working resource calendar in to page?

Friday, September 20, 2019 9:16 AM
  • Hi sns, 

You can create a page-> edit page->insert web part->choose the Calendar List:

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Friday, September 20, 2019 9:25 AM
  • Hi Lisa,

Is to be done post followed the blog shared by sharath?

Friday, September 20, 2019 9:48 AM
  • Hi sns, 

First, followed the blog shared by sharath to create Resource Calendar List . 

Then add Resource Calendar List as an web part in a page (refer to my previous reply).

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen

• Marked as answer by sns shyam Friday, September 20, 2019 10:01 AM
    Friday, September 20, 2019 9:54 AM
  • Thank you very much Lisa. 
    Friday, September 20, 2019 10:09 AM
  • Hi sns, 

It is my pleasure.

Have a nice day.  

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen

Friday, September 20, 2019 10:15 AM