none
Messagelabs.com didn't encrypt this message RRS feed

• Question

• Recently, people who have received email from me have said that next to the "To:" area of the email message a red lock icon is appearing periodically-- the lock is unlocked. If the receiver of the email message rolls their curser over the lock icon a box pops up that says "messagelabs.com didn't encrypt this message." My exchange account is hosted by Network Solutions but they said they couldn't help me, as they are only a reseller of the the Microsoft product. I just called Microsoft support and they said I needed to start here to solve the problem. Can you help? thank you
    Wednesday, February 24, 2016 9:33 PM

All replies

• Are they GMail users? http://www.itproportal.com/2015/11/16/gmail-getting-a-not-encrypted-notification/
    Thursday, February 25, 2016 3:11 AM
  • Hi Mary,

What is your exchange version ?

Is there the same issue in OWA?

Could you provide more details about your issue ? like screenshot etc.. it will help us to understand your issue more clearly.

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, February 25, 2016 9:02 AM
  • yes, they are gmail users
    Thursday, March 3, 2016 2:27 PM
  • the email recipient who notified me of this is a gmail user. it happens often but not all the time.

i tried to attach an image of the icon and the rollover alert, but this service won't allow it until they "verify my account".

i don't know what the exchange version is. how do i find that?

Thursday, March 3, 2016 2:37 PM
  • Hi Mary,

This forum is to discuss issues relating to Exchange, I recommend you post this in Gmail forum ask for further help.

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 7, 2016 3:18 AM
  • hi Niko,

my account is an exchange but the recipient of my email is a gmail account. the messagelabs alert and icon are somehow showing up from my exchange account.

if know this you still think i need to be on a gmail forum could you please direct me

thank you

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 4:59 PM