none
Restore a deleted mailbox RRS feed

• Question

• Dears,

In this post Exchange 2013 database move. DAG involved!. I've successfully moved 2 database copies from one volume to another in the same server. Because of the DAG I had to rename the drive letter and the databases names.

Now, I'm facing a problem when trying to restore a deleted mailbox. The Following error appears when I tried to connect to a deleted mailbox:

warning
    The object domain.com/Restored/UserX has been corrupted, and it's in an inconsistent state. The following validation errors happened:

Database is mandatory on UserMailbox.

As expected, the "msExchPreviousHomeMDB" attribute points to the old database.

What are the changes to restore this mailbox?

Thanks

Monday, July 22, 2019 8:34 AM

All replies

• Hi

So you moved the logs and databases to new locations and then mounted them without error?

Have you tried to run the new-mailboxrepairrequest command against the database?

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, July 22, 2019 5:21 PM
  • Hi

Please check the post below that has similar error with yours.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/Lync/en-US/5578e5a9-c659-47c6-8910-ab3d2f4a0a59/the-object-has-been-corrupted-and-its-in-an-inconsistent-state-the-following-validation-errors

Search, Recover & Restore Deleted Mailbox , Export Mailboxes, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks from Mailbox(EDBs) and Office 365. Migrate/Recover/Restore into On-Premises Exchange Server, Office 365, PST etc. with Kernel

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 5:29 AM
  • Hi Mohammed Habiballa,

I want to confirm with you that do you migrate database in the way of move mailbox?

Do you delete this old database after migration? 

Could you find this disable mailbox with command below?

$dbs = Get-MailboxDatabase
    $dbs | foreach {Get-MailboxStatistics -Database $_.DistinguishedName} | where {$_.DisconnectReason -eq "Disabled"} | Format-Table DisplayName,Database,DisconnectDate

Disable mailbox is stored original database. I think this disable mailbox may missing or corrupted during migration.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 6:42 AM
  • Hi Mohammed Habiballa,

I am writing here to confirm with you how thing going now?

If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as an answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 26, 2019 8:54 AM