none
Help migrating 6TB of cloud data to Sharepoint Online RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys,

I just started at a new company and we have 6-8 TB's of cloud based network shares all over the place. Dropbox, egnyte, fileshare etc. I am currently downloading all this data to one central server. 

I am wanting to take all this data and put it into one central sharepoint site using multiple document libraries organized by department.

My issue right now is there does not seem to be a good way to upload this amount of data to sharepoint.

I have tried using upload icon while logged in under sharepoint, but I am limited to around 15mbps. I can sync the drag and drop under file explorer, but I am limited to like 20GB at a time? I also tried the sharepoint migration tool but it just hangs at 0 of 2153 files migrated?

Can anyone recommend the fastest and easiest way to move large amount of data into sharepoint? Robocopy? Powershell? Python? 

Thursday, November 21, 2019 6:47 PM

All replies

• I would say buy a sharegate tool which does a fantastic migration. 

https://sharegate.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1oHVi9f85QIVUvDACh1v0QJ5EAAYASAAEgLZu_D_BwE

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Friday, November 22, 2019 1:37 AM
  • Hi Jrhumphrey89,

Check the tools in the article below which can use to migrate data to SharePoint Online.

Migrating your content to SharePoint and OneDrive

From this list, Microsoft acquired Mover, ideal for migrating data from other cloud service providers into OneDrive or SharePoint. Check if it’s feasible for your requirement.

Or you can use third party tools as sharath’s mentioned.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, November 22, 2019 3:25 AM
  • Hi Jrhumphrey89,

Is there any update?

If the post helps you, you can mark it as answer.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 2:58 AM