none
Issue after changing Inherit Permissions: Unable to access default.aspx page and Error message RRS feed

• Question

• I look to be having the same issue as this posting "Help! I can't access my SharePoint subsite after I change to inherit permission from parent" which I have responded to as well.  I did not see a solution that worked and I am wondering if hotfix or some other solution has been develop for this issue???

The scenario:

I changed permissions (back to Inherit then to Unherit) on a webpart 2 levels down from the Site Collection site and now I am not able to access the Subsite directly below the Site Collection or any of the other subsites under the Subsite directly below the Site Collection.  I am seeing the words ERROR on both the left and top navigation sections.

I am able to get to the site settings for all subsites and to the List and Document Libraries.  All that is except the Subsite directly below the Site Collection.  The main Subsite does not appear in the Site Content and Structure area and I am unable to pull the site up in SharePoint Designer. 

I am getting ready to re-build the 4 or 5 sites with all their Lists and Doc Libraries but if I don't have to that would be great. 

Any guidance or solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ken

Monday, August 20, 2007 2:48 PM

Answers

All replies