none
OSSSearchresults.aspx - Sorry, you don't have access to this page RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

We are having some issues with users accessing the search results page after executing a search.  The users put their search criteria in the box, press submit, and then receive the "Sorry you don't have access to this page" page.  They have contribute rights to the site, but some libraries or lists are locked down.

I found this article: http://leewaltonblog.blogspot.com/2010/05/osssearchresultsaspx-authentication.html

But don't think that is a feasible solution [making changes to the 15 hive files].  Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you,
    Hyde

SP2013 | OnPrem

There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct or more uncertain in its success than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.

Friday, July 26, 2019 1:49 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Hyde_311,

I test your situation in my SharePoint 2013 on-prime environment, the user who has contribute permission could access the search result page even though some list and library have unique permissions.

Please go to site settings>site permissions>check permissions to check whether the user’s site level permission is the default Contribute permission level.

You could remove user permissions and grant permissions directly to Contribute permission level again to check result.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, July 29, 2019 6:45 AM
  • Hi Grace,

Thank you for the reply.  I have a test user that I am using that has the same issue and they are in 2 groups.  One where they are a normal contributer and another where their permissions are contribute/limited access and they are still getting the "you don't have access page".

Thank you,
    Hyde

There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct or more uncertain in its success than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.

Monday, July 29, 2019 1:18 PM
  • Hi Hyde,

Whether only users with contribute permission have this issue?

If you give the user with higher permission level such as Full control permission, does the user meet the same issue?

Try to deactivate “Limited-access user permission lockdown mode” feature in Site collection features and check again.

If the issue exists, you can check if there is any more information about this issue in ULS log.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 8:50 AM
  • Hi Grace,

Thank you for the reply.  If users are added as Full control permissions they are able to get to the page.

I checked the site collection feature for "Limited Access user permission lockdown" and it is not enabled for the site collection.

Unfortunately there are not any error in the ULS, IIS, or even logs.

Thanks,
    Hyde

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 7:34 PM
  • Hi Everyone,

I opened a ticket is MS and they said this issue is related to the following security update:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4464549/description-of-the-security-update-for-sharepoint-enterprise-server

If the May 2019 CU is installed it will address the issue.

Thanks,
    Hyde

• Marked as answer by Hyde_311 Friday, August 23, 2019 3:02 PM
    Friday, August 23, 2019 3:02 PM
  • Hi Hyde,

Thanks for your sharing.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Monday, August 26, 2019 1:41 AM