none
Replacing the email created during SharePoint creation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I mail migrated from some mailplatform to O365, and as part of that migration, I was asked migrate an account called masters@xxxxx.xx.

A couple of months later I created a SharePoint site called MASTERS. That also created an email called masters1@xxxxx.xx.

Is it possible to replace the latter email with the very first email I mail migrated? In so many ways that would be super cool. Especially since the SharePoint site features a link called CONVERSATIONS, which links directly to the masters1@xxxxx.xx account. If only that SharePoint link would link to masters@xxxxx.xx my life would so much easier.

I'm a SharePoint newbie, learning everyday, so feel free to tell me, if I'm going down the wrong path here.

Any help is appreciated.

Sunday, September 15, 2019 12:00 PM

Answers

• Hi jensjakobesn, 

I'm sorry to say that if there is no group email called masters@xxxxx.xx, you cannot create a team site from masters@xxxxx.xx. 

And you cannot change the group email for the existing site. That mean you cannot replace the latter email (masters1@xxxxx.xx) with the very first email(masters@xxxxx.xx).

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by jensjakobsen Wednesday, September 18, 2019 11:05 AM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2019 11:04 AM

All replies

• Hi jensjakobsen, 

You can create a new team site and during that process choose the MASTERS group ( create a team from an existing office 365 group ).

Create a team from an existing group for your reference:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/create-a-team-from-an-existing-group-24ec428e-40d7-4a1a-ab87-29be7d145865

Besides, similar issue post for your reference:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Connect-Existing-Office-365-Groups-with-a-Microsoft-Team/m-p/450427

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, September 16, 2019 3:02 AM
  • Hi jensjakobsen, 

If a reply helps you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 10:27 AM
  • Hi Lisa, thanks you for your answer. 

I got confused by your answer. Sorry if I'm not able to grasp your suggestion.

You wrote:

"You can create a new team site and during that process choose the MASTERS group ( create a team from an existing office 365 group )."

Will I have to remove/delete the current mail account called masters@xxxxx.xx before following your advice? 

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 10:37 AM
  • Hi jensjakobsen, 

I mean, since you created a SharePoint site called MASTERS that created an email called masters1@xxxxx.xx, you cannot change the group email for the existing site. That mean you cannot replace the latter email (masters1@xxxxx.xx) with the very first email(masters@xxxxx.xx)

To connect a site with the first email(masters@xxxxx.xx), you need to create a new site from an existing group email (masters@xxxxx.xx).

Refer to the following article about how to create a team from an existing group:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/create-a-team-from-an-existing-group-24ec428e-40d7-4a1a-ab87-29be7d145865

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 10:45 AM
  • Thanks again, still a bit confused - apologies :)

You wrote:

"To connect a site with the first email(masters@xxxxx.xx), you need to create a new site from an existing group email (masters@xxxxx.xx)."

The thing is, there is no group called masters@xxxxx.xx - only an email with the same name. Does that clarify my question?

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 10:49 AM
  • Hi jensjakobsen,

You said "I created a SharePoint site called MASTERS. That also created an email called masters1@xxxxx.xx." 

Do you create modern team site? Is masters1@xxxxx.xx the group email of the modern team site? 

Navigate to Microsoft 365 admin center->Groups->Check is there a group email named masters@xxxxx.xx?

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 10:53 AM
  • Hi again :)

We created MASTERS as a modern team site - it created a group email called masters1@xxxxx.xx.

I navigated to admin center, there is no group email called masters@xxxxx.xx.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 10:58 AM
  • Hi jensjakobesn, 

I'm sorry to say that if there is no group email called masters@xxxxx.xx, you cannot create a team site from masters@xxxxx.xx. 

And you cannot change the group email for the existing site. That mean you cannot replace the latter email (masters1@xxxxx.xx) with the very first email(masters@xxxxx.xx).

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

• Marked as answer by jensjakobsen Wednesday, September 18, 2019 11:05 AM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2019 11:04 AM
  • OK, thanks for your time, Lisa.
    Wednesday, September 18, 2019 11:05 AM
  • Hi jensjakobesn, 

It's my pleasure.

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 11:07 AM