none
Lookup field with searching through all lookup columns or all words from lookup column RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all,

I have 2 lists on SharePoint 2013:
    'Vendors' list - with columns 'vendor number' and 'vendor name'
    and 'Orders' list - with lookup field to 'Vendors' list.

What I would like to have: if user will write 'vendor number' or 'vendor name' then lookup will return proper item from 'Vendors' list and set proper values to 2 columns on my list ('vendor number' and 'vendor name'). Similar solution that: https://ilovesharepoint.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Lookup%20Field%20with%20Picker%202010 but I do not want to install any additional tools for this.

In the practice: some users want to search proper vendor by 'vendor number' and others prefer to use 'vendor name'.

I'm wondering if it is possible to use any out of the box column to do this and maybe Java Script?

Do you have any idea how can I do this?

I have been thinking about simple workflow that will automatically set value to new 3rd column: 'vendor number'+" "+'vendor name' and then user will search proper lookup item from this column, but I don't have any idea how to search this items on forms because lookup field use just first word to search an item. Any suggestions?

Thanks...

Thursday, April 16, 2015 12:49 PM

Answers