none
Need Help! Pls! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'd like to learn how to install a Lync server in my test environment. I've installed a Domain Controller in my VMware application now. And I created a new Windows 2008 R2 VM. However, i have no idea about what to do next. Could any expert give me some suggestions? Any detailed steps are highly appreciated!!!

Meanwhile, if I want to update the Lync 2010 server to 2013, is it possible? Thanks in advance.

Johnny.

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 7:33 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I'd like to learn how to install a Lync server in my test environment. I've installed a Domain Controller in my VMware application now. And I created a new Windows 2008 R2 VM. However, i have no idea about what to do next. Could any expert give me some suggestions? Any detailed steps are highly appreciated!!!

Meanwhile, if I want to update the Lync 2010 server to 2013, is it possible? Thanks in advance.

Johnny.

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 7:34 AM
  • Hi Johnny,

If you have install the DC, you should add DNS ans Certificate Authority Role.(But we recomand you to intall window server 2012 R2 for Lync 2013 server ,window server 2012 R2 have a longer life cycle).

After that ,please create a new VM to install the Lync server.

You could refer to the following link to deploy Lync 2013 server

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/30034.install-lync-server-2013-step-by-step.aspx

Upgrade Lync 2010 to Lync 2013, you could refer to the following link.

https://iwcl.wordpress.com/2014/06/24/step-by-step-lync-2010-to-2013-upgrade/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 9:15 AM